Hi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo

Reaction score
Heh I think I forgot to actually say hi when I joined :D
I havet posted much but hopefully will over the summer when im free from the chains of uni. :?

Soo.
Hi there! :)
I'm female from ireland, live in the east but go to university in the west so i'm always going back and forth.
I'm doing a science degree in hopes of doing zoology in the future.

Wegotour very first rabbits when my sister and Iwere very very young and they were kept in an enclosure out the back,they were Snowy and Snowball (yay for originality :D) but sadly theydied quite early on from a sickness that was never identified.. then wegot Cuddles & Daisy and they lived for a good few years happilyuntil someone threw a firecracker into the garden and they died ofheart attacks :cry1:

Itook a 7yr ish break from rabbits then until 2years ago whenI was working in an animal shelter my co-worker told me he had caught awhite rabbit running loose in the town and it was very nervous and hecouldnt handle it so would I take it..
He was keeping him in a shed with about 8 ferrets :shock:
I had a big cage because I was intending to buya pygmyhedgehog so I said yes and broughtCaptain home and had himneutered so I could get him a friend.

I insisted on keeping him indoors because the pain of losing theoutdoor rabbits was still there and im still determined never to keep arabbit outdoors overnight.

After a while and after he became less nervous of me I came across afluffy rabbit in a pet shop and bought 'her' as company for Captain.
Soon turned out to be a male after they had bonded but they love eachother to bits so it has never been a problem. New bunny was calledCuddles by my sister in memory of her rabbit that died but since heturned out to be a boy I named him Jack.

I joined here because I want to learn everything there is about rabbitsto make sure I can give them everything they need to be happy and Iwant to do things right this time now that i'm a lot older and able tocare for them myself.

Pippin & Shadow are my newest rabbits, I got them aroundseptember/october and they are in the process of being bonded toCaptain & Jack.

Non-rabbit wise I keep a lot of rodents, and have a big interest inexotic rodents, and have 3 dogs as well, 2 are rescues and 1 isnt buthasa lot of genetic health problems.
I have roughly 60 pets now but it was over 100 in the past. (mostly rodents)

I'm a total animal nut and love anything got to do with nature. :)

So.. hi! :tongutwo:

Hey there! :D

That's so neat that you are studying for zoology. How cool! :D

I think you found the perfect place. RO has a ton of animal lovers!Wow. 60 pets? That's amazing! Hehe you have you're on little zoo athome already :D!

:wave2

:welcome1

Wow I can't believe how many pets you have!:shock:Oh, exotic rodents? Sounds interesting!

Hope you enjoy the forum, sounds like you will fit right in :D

Michaela:), Ebony:bunny5, Pebble:anotherbun and Maddie:bunny16

Wow! That was a really great intro, what aninteresting time you've had with bunnies and other animals. I hatefirecrackers :X, that was really sad! Did you ever find out who threwit into your yard?

That's awesome you have two bonded males, a lot of people have troublegetting boys to get along to I'm glad it worked out for you. Are Pippenand Shadow boys or girls (or both)?

Nice to meet you! You sound like a real animal nut :D, just like the rest of us here at RO.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

At the time our back faced onto fields where a lot of teens hung outdrinking and vandalising stuff so it is anybodys guess who threw it in,the most annoying part about it was it was well after halloween, we hadtaken them in for september and october and it was about late novemberwhen it happened, just after we had put them back out. :(

My rabbits are 3 males and 1 female.
2 bonded males and 1 bonded male & female and soon it looks like all will be bonded :)

Latest posts

Back