Hi, years of experience with indoor rabbits & my Intro...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyinexcess

Reaction score
however, Im not sure whats going on with my senior male dwarf rabbit. He has these sneezing fits, sometimes as many times as 15 in a row. He DOES NOT have snuffles, there is NO discharge from his eyes or nose. And I honestly believe he must be getting his hair, very very fine hair in his nose. he is indoors and we keep everything absolutely clean and dry, blankets and such are replaced every day with a clean one. I am reluctant, to take him to his vet although she is very good, I get taken to the cleaners every time, and just dont have the money. Before anyone passes judgement on me, I have always regularly taken my rabbits to the vet, as I have no tolerance for irresponsible rabbit owners. Ive had " Indie " for 11 years now, and he still is somewhat active, plays with his sticks, grooms, and so on. Maybe Im not brushing him enough?

Well, I thought about that stuff, and Ive tried milder laundry soaps, Ive shampooed the carpets with non toxic, animal safe, anti allergen shampoo, and his hay is top notch dust free. Im going to start brushing him more, and since its difficult, and dangerous, to brush around their face and eyes, I thought about using slightly wet hands to collect hair from his head and face. Thank you however, very good suggestions that could have been overlooked.

Those are good ideas (brushing/wiping him down). I know my rabbit's cage gets plenty of floating fur during a shed. And mine have gone through occasions of sneezing fits that I suspect was a nose tickle from shed fur. I just keep a close eye until it disappears.

Latest posts

Back