Hi From Victoria BC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the welcome. T.A.

The orange bunny with the bad leg I knew was near the University Centre and would be on the grassy area near the Ring Road. He would hide in the bushes near the parking meters.

Its true there are not many that fit his description and I only hope it was him.

I don't know if I will go to court as I am finding it all very stressful. I am at UVic for at least 2 hours every day and thinking/knowing that they want to kill all my little friends is heart breaking. This morning, after hearing of the Texas permit, I received a frantic text message asking for $10,000 for a legal retainer. Its also a very long day to go from here.

I have 3 bunnies from there. One was an orphaned baby who had 3 siblings and a mum which I watched. One day they were all gone but her.

Looked at the photo and passed it on to a lady who knew him. Cannot say its the one but awfully close. This guy was quite active the last time I saw him but it was at least a month ago.

So happy that you took an injured adult like him. Everyone seems to want the babies and although I have 3 UVic babies, I prefer the adults.

Any time you want to gather any at UVic let me know. I am 5 minutes from campus.

Were you at court on Monday?

I have Summer semester.. argh.
Last week I skipped every single class to do errands for the Uvic rabbits. So I had to go to my Monday morning class for a quiz. I really didn't want to be there. The entire time I was thinking about the courthouse.

Ohh no babies for me. Two years ago, I took in my ex bf's pregnant rabbit. I paid over $1000 + to get everybun fixed and I still have the mom and all her babies. (Savannah the mom + Smudge, Rush, Simba, and Sylvia). I've done my deed with baby bunnies hah.

I took Evie because she is HUGE. She's overweight and older. Nobody, not even the vets can tell if she's pregnant or fat.

I wish I had room for more. Sedgewick is my number one and always will be. He is a free roaming house/outdoor rabbit but the 3 babies will live in the bunny shed at night and in bad weather. They will have a run of course.

I was at court on Monday but won't go Friday. I am afraid that it won't be in our favour and besides we are getting really shafted with the rabbits that we need to move to Texas.

As you know Smith has only one idea on his mind and it is to kill the rabbits. And with the impossible restrictions he put on the Texas buns he may get his wish.

For the moment we need to find a barn or a field where we can store some temporarily.

Ohh yes! He was lying in front of that tree on the ring road. And that's where I scooped him up!

Does she live in Victoria?

I can bring Sidney along on our next rescue trip. He's the type of rabbit who sits in your lap and LOVES car rides. She can see that he's alright and he can use his leg =]

He sounds like quite a prize. I am sure she would like to see him. He is very lucky you found him. We used to feed him and he ate okay but I think sme of the bigger, stronger bunnies took some of his food.

So far its Tuesday am I right? And will it be day or night?

Regarding the Texas rabbit rescue at UVic. Smith has offered the following ultimatum. 96 rabbits will be trapped and released the same day to us. They will be rushed to the vet for immediate neutering. Once neutered they will be put in a truck for Texas. There is no recovery time, and these rabbits will be stressed, under pain from surgery with no medication and many if not most will die. Smith will get his wish but it will be our doing. A painful death as well.

I wonder how the SPCA would see this? Given their efforts in the past in this case they will side with UVic.

Maybe its time for some sort of action. We over here have not spent the last 4 months fighting in the trenches and with UVic to see our little bunnies die.

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning, Bill.

The issue is being turned from whether to cull or relocate to method of killing due to these restrictions.

:banghead Stupidstupidstupid. There has got to be a better way.

I can't bring Sidney over until Thursday =[ Got my exam schedule mixed up so I cannot go for a full day until Thursday.

And I cannot go to court tomorrow. Labrador's having mouth surgery today and I can't pick him up until tomorrow morning. And if I have to go get my labrador bunny I may as well bring in Sidney for another cold laser therapy session.

I can still come to Uvic on Tuesday, but I'll be a late afternoon trip as my exam finishes at 2:30

Okk. Aaryn and I (Pipp too!) can take the 4 pm ferry on Tuesday. We're going to get the tan bunny with the white mark on his forehead. Bill you should meet us there!

Then on Thursday we'll return for a full day. I can bring Sidney on this day.

Latest posts

Back