Hi from Australia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goober

Reaction score
Hi guys,
New user here from Australia.
I'm a new bunny owner and have 2 mini lop boys
Looking forward to learning more about the care of bunnies from this forum.

:happybunny:

Here are my boys and their hutch....

IMG_3683.JPG

IMG_3686.JPG

IMG_3685.JPG

IMG_3684.JPG

IMG_3585.jpg

They are 3 months and 4 months.
Yes, they have the whole yard to run around in. I try to let them out for at least 5-6 hours a day in the yard.

Wonderful! They are just too cute!

There is loads of info in the library section for you. Since you state that you are new with bunnies, I would like to mention (in case you are unaware) that your boys are approaching the hormonal stage. You will need to keep an extra eye on them because it is not uncommon for buns at this stage to begin fighting each other. Regardless of how affectionate they may be at this time, they can turn vicious towards each other once those hormones kick in.

If you begin to see signs like this, you will need to separate them. And if this happens, it's possible to try to bond them again after they're neutered.

Didn't mean to write so much... just wanted to warn you of what might come.:D

Wonderful! They are just too cute!

There is loads of info in the library section for you. Since you state that you are new with bunnies, I would like to mention (in case you are unaware) that your boys are approaching the hormonal stage. You will need to keep an extra eye on them because it is not uncommon for buns at this stage to begin fighting each other. Regardless of how affectionate they may be at this time, they can turn vicious towards each other once those hormones kick in.

If you begin to see signs like this, you will need to separate them. And if this happens, it's possible to try to bond them again after they're neutered.

Didn't mean to write so much... just wanted to warn you of what might come.:D

Oh, thats not good :(
I heard bout them fighting, but when I put them together they became best buddies, so I thought they we're ok.

I better get them done then. Is it ok to get them done now,at this age? I guess the earlier the better.

Welcome. Cute bunnies, glad they get to run around in the yard. :)
Thank you. Yeah, they love the yard, always running around doing stupid things lol

Oh, thats not good :(
I heard bout them fighting, but when I put them together they became best buddies, so I thought they we're ok.

I better get them done then. Is it ok to get them done now,at this age? I guess the earlier the better.

This page talks about when they can be neutered and has some good tips on finding a rabbit-savvy vet:
http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-neuter.html

You might want to consider either having them done together and/or keeping them together for the vet trips so they stay together and one doesn't come back with strange or unfamiliar smells.

welcome to RO - they're cuties!!

boys can generally be fixed as soon as their testicles descend :)

Oh they are so cute!! The first in your photos look a lot like my mookie.. Though she isn't a lop.
Where in aus are you? We`re insydney.
Welcome!

welcome to RO - they're cuties!!

boys can generally be fixed as soon as their testicles descend :)
These guys will be done asap, I don't want them fighting :boxing

Oh they are so cute!! The first in your photos look a lot like my mookie.. Though she isn't a lop.
Where in aus are you? We`re insydney.
Welcome!
Thank you. We're in Melbourne.

Just want to say, I love this forum, I've learnt HEAPS of things today just from a little search around and a bit of reading :thumbup

Congrats and welcome to RO!!
They are both cuties. We have a mini lop also, a female
They are great

They´re both such cute little chaps. Yes, I echo everyone else, you should get them done as soon as you can and, even though, they get on fine now, fights can break out through hormones.

Good luck and keep us posted.:nod

Welcome to the Forum! It really is chock full of good information and friendly bunny lovers too :D Your boys are sweet!!

I have two bonded boys (apparently same sex pairs are harder to bond), although I did get my second one thinking "he" was a "she!" Since you've had your two together from a young age, I think they will stay friends. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back