Hey guys, long time!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panacrent

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Angie has gotten big and snooty, but i still love her! :angel:

I'm checking in for some advice: i was wondering if you guys could giveme a few tips for long haired bunny care. I managed to convince my bestfriend/ex boyfriend that bunnies are such good pets, and he fell inlove with a lionhead today. im watching it tonight while he's at work.

I'm jealous he's not my bunny, hes brown and very curious. he alsolooks like a fuzzy slipper with a face when he runs around.:p:D:cool:

hope everyone's been well!

I breed lionheads and I've got to tell you thatI LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Yes - I admit it - I amprejudiced. (I just came back from picking up 14 more todayand delivering some of mine).

With that said, yes lionheads are a bit more care. I wouldbrush the lionhead at least every other week if not everyweek. DO NOT groom the mane with a brush....perhaps use alittle comb and go through it....but brush through the rest of the hair- especially the saddle area. Lionheads *should* shed outthat saddle area as they mature.

However, it doesn't take hours or even half an hour to brush out alionhead if you do it regularly. Last night, a moreexperienced breeder was showing me how she did it and it takes about10-15 minutes at most....and the lionheads she was working with didneed some grooming done.

Lionheads are generally friendly and want to please people (ok..minedo) and so they will sometimes sit still and let you groom them...butits best to groom them BEFORE playtime because they won't want to stopplaying in order to get groomed. I find my lionheads don'teven want to stop playing when it is their bedtime!

Peg

El Rey Lionheads

www.elreylionheads.com(I hope to have more general links to lionhead information on mywebsite by the end of this coming week).

panacrent I don't know much about long haired buns except to regularlygroom them and check their little fluffy tails (under it ) for poopies.

How good that you can babysit your exs' bunny!! You guys must have a good friendship.

Got any pics of this slipper with a face running about your house??? LOL

Latest posts

Back