Hey Everyone! I'm new to the forum and to rabbit-ownership!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeAndB44

Reaction score
I'd just like to introduce myself and my bunny. I'm a sixteen year old girl that loves animals and now has a baby rabbit.

I'll start with her, first:

:bunnydance:My new bunny's name is Beatrice, and I'm not one hundred percent sure on what breed she is exactly. I know for certain that she is mostly Cottontail (yes the wild rabbits) mixed with some sort of domestic breed. (NO I do not support the mixing of wild and domestic breeds, but Beatrice is a very special exception to the rule.) She is solid black with a white stripe on her forehead and a white nose. She is still very young, not even half way grown, but I'm not sure on her exact age. All I know is that she's extremely sweet and I love her to death. Oh, she's also blind in her right eye, but that doesn't slow her down at all.

:wave:My name is Hannah and I've been an animal lover all my life. I have a sun conure, three dogs, two chinchillas, a horse, and Beatrice. My passion in life is horses and I currently ride four horses, including my own horse, and I couldn't love it more if I tried. I've been riding for the better part of my life and trained my horse to run barrels myself. We're now winning and running seventeen second times. :D

HI and welcome. i hope your really enjoyinng your new baby. i know i did when i first got mine. How is new ownership treating you? good i hope

love always, kate and lulu:bunnybutt:

Katie Kay wrote:
HI and welcome. i hope your really enjoyinng your new baby. i know i did when i first got mine. How is new ownership treating you? good i hope

love always, kate and lulu:bunnybutt:
It's been absolutely great! My entire family loves her and I spend a lot of time with her. She's a very affectionate bunny and I couldn't have asked for a better personality.

Hello and welcome to RO!

While the wild rabbits in Europe are the same species as domestic rabbits (and were in fact the rabbits we domesticated), here in North America, cottontails and our domestic rabbits cannot interbreed.
What makes you think your bun is part cottontail? If it was a "wild" bun, it was more likely a stray or feral.

I do not "think" that she's a cross, I know she is.

The story goes.....

I board my horse at a small private barn near my home. We have many cottontails in the area, especially around the barn where they like to steal alfalfa. Years and years and years ago the people who own the barn had a white rabbit (I never asked what breed) that used to run around freely while they were outside and go in her hutch at night or if they weren't home.

The rabbit was female, never came in to any contact with another domestic rabbit, and suddenly had a bunch of babies that looked a lot like the cottontails. The only way that she could have gotten pregnant would have been to mate with one of the cottontails near by.

((Beatrice just woke up....))

The people who own the barn and the rabbit when it was alive love animals and began feeding these rabbits. The wild crosses followed their mom around and just sort of hung out with everyone. Now there are generations of rabbits that live at the barn. They all look just like cottontails, but occasionally one is born as an albino, this weird beige color, grey, or solid black like Beatrice. Other than that they are definitely cottontails.

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

I’ve listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link to a website that will help you understand what your rabbit(s) are saying to you, Rabbitspeak.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, How to put photo's in your posts.

This the best site on the web for bunnies and I look forward to hearing stories and looking at pictures of your rabbit.

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes and helpful little tidbits. I'm really enjoying the forum and my new bunny so far.

Sounds like that rabbit bred with a loose domestic rabbit. You can get domestic rabbits that look like cottontails, be it colour or shape. I have two rabbits which are most definitely domestic, but people ask me all the time why do I have wild rabbits lol! :) lots of domestic rabbits in the wild will act just as wild as a real wild rabbit, so it is possible not to see them around :)

Latest posts

Back