Here We Go Again... Pipp Won't Eat a Thing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's home and cemented to hercarrier. The :censored2vet tech sent her homewithout her Medicam (Lisa from SARS picked her up for me), and this wasafter me spending a good five minutes describing her oversensitivereactions to pain and stressing the importance of a gentle touch andPOST OP MEDICAM.

I was almost in tears when I called (after failing to findthe bit I had left from last time). My car's not working, soI couldn't pick it up even if it wasn't after hours. The vettook pity on me (and probably didn't want me to get in the habit ofusing over the counter Ibuprofen instead), and just happened to be onhis way to a house call in my neighbourhood), so hedeliveredit.

She actually seems better this time than the last two times (and herspay). She won't eat anythingbut a few oats (ofcourse), but she doesn't look as suicidal.

I just gave herthe Medicam (she REALLY loves that stuff), so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for asking!

sas

PS: While she was gone, I was sorting laundry, anddiscovered she's chewed holes in everything in my 'almost clean' and'brand new' piles. :angryrantI have no idea when she didthat, she always mostly digs when she chews, never noticed her diggingor chewing in that area.It was a covertoperation. Anybody want a rabbit? :(

Aww! Darn vet techs... should get their headsout of their rears and pay attention! :growl:. Poor princess Pipp. :(Well I'll be hoping the little girl recovers quickly! Hopefully hermouth owey will go away with some of that good ol' metacam :)

I live an hour away frm Vancouver.. I'll be glad to get Pepsi a littlefriend if she's too much trouble... *evil laugh* Hehe aww no, you knowPipp's only trying to create the fab new style she's whizzing up in herbunny brain! :D

But wouldn't that be cute.. Pepsi and Pipp ;) Hehe!

Poor girl! No pain meds, mom's madbecause you chewed on her clothes... If you didn't hate other buns somuch I'd take you!

Maybe she chewed them because her mouth was sore?

Did the vet find sores on her tongue this time?

Well, at least she's taking it a bit better this time around. :?

Don't you know... she wanted to send you blessings while she was away -she made your clothes "Holey"...lol. On the bright side - atleast clothes are cheaper to replace than carpet or furniture! :shock:

Hope you feel well soon Pipp!

~Sunshine

Spring wrote:

I live an hour away frm Vancouver.. I'll be glad to get Pepsi a little friend if she's too much trouble...

What's your address? ;)

naturestee wrote:

Maybe she chewed them because her mouth was sore?

Did the vet find sores on her tongue this time?

Dunno, but when Dill and Darry arrived, Pipp's reaction was to chew abig hole in my blanket, so mayberevenge?And this time there were spurs on all four corners, but I think hertongue was clear.

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry wrote:
Don't you know... she wanted to send you blessings while she wasaway - she made your clothes "Holey"...lol. On the brightside - at least clothes are cheaper to replace than carpet orfurniture! :shock:

:roflmao:

(And actually, the other rabbits already ate the carpet and thefurniture. With the cats and now the bunnies, the decoris'early disposables').

sas et al :)

It looked promising for a minute, she wasnibbling at her endive, but now she won't eat anything but gratedcarrot and a few pellets.

She seems happy, though. :)

I'll give her another hour or two before pulling out the syriinge. (Poop and pee are okay).

I'm just doing upa post looking for diet suggestions.

Thanks for asking. :)

sas :), pipp :bunnydance:and the (neglected) gang :?:(:shock::?

Poor little Pipp - she really does go through it, doesn't she?

Is she eating any better yet? Give her lots of hugs and kisses from me.Oh, and as for the holey clothes - she has provided you with airconditioning for the warm weather :D;)

Jan

Amazing! We've made it through this time with no syringe feeding. :)

She's noteating alot, and she's eating itslowly, but she's eating everything, and she's playing and grooming me (and chewing) like her happy little normal self, so I've been letting her go with just what she's been able to eat on her own. She's dropped a bunch of weight, but she had a buffer.

The apple juice in the water trick is working well, and I've been soaking her veggies, so I don't think her urniary tract is a concern.

I'm not sure how she'd be without the Medicam, though. We'll be finding out, I don't want her taking it for too long.

Thanks for asking!

sas :), pipp :bunny18and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

I cut Pipp off Medacam as of yesterday, even though she actually ate a little Meadow Grass while she was in her litter box.:thumbup (Sometimes forgetting to feed them works quite well). ;)

Today she was pretty slow eating the veggies, but she stillwent for and consumed the carrots first, so it couldn't be that bad. And she's eating her BBT pellets. So all is well.

She's still pooping and peeing up a storm. That was the main thing different about this round of spurs, her poops got a little smaller, but for the first time, not enough to be a concern.:) Things are looking up.

I do think I'm going to 'forget' to feed her more often, though. :whistling

Pipp says hi! :wiggle

sas :), pipp :bunny18, dill and sherry and radar and darry :groupparty:

I'm so glad Pipp is feeling better :)

I'm just reading all of this now. I'm so glad that Pipp is doing well.

Back