helpp please!!! (Freddy's chocolate escapade)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never knewPoison Controll ever asked for adonation for any poison relatedanything that sounds odd and off to me ,and as for the hospital notknowing this crap in the firstplace sounds funny to me also , soundslike they wanted to gouge you fromthe get go , I dontthink Iwould be using them again , I would finda different ER .

The vet i go to referres totwo 24houremergency hospitals and this was the closer of the two...my concern was getting him into care as fast as possible...yea theASPCA has always charged for their poison control services.. theirstatement is that they do not receive money like the people PCC does sothey need these "donations" to stay afloat...but this is almost likestealing candy from babies... they have to be raking in a few bucksfrom this...when ur in an emergency situation normally money isnt aconcern just the sick pet at hand and it gets forked over veryeasily...like when they gave me freddys estimate last night... theywere charging me to have his cathador put in and to have his blooddrawn (thats not including diagnostics)...i refused to pay double forthat..when you put in a cathador its with a needle and you normallywould take blood out at the same time as cathorization...hrmph..try nrip me off in a moment of need...not happening...if another emergencydoes ever come up and i pray it doesnt, we will be trekking to theother hospital...and i will keep that other hospital posted at my b/f'shouse since lakewood is a hop and a skip away from him (thanks for thatbuck!!)

I'm so relieved to hear he's still doingwell...he is something else...that lil stinker...tell him he better NOTgive you OR us a scare like that again!!!

FreddysMom wrote:
i think hes been sneakin on the forum and stealin ideas fromcorky :p ... hes just trying to get craisins and bananasoutta me
If thats the case, papaya tablets are next.....lookout!! Corky FLIPS OUT over those...if he hears the bag krinkle that Ihave next to my chair...when he's out here with me, he goes insane andtries to get his head in there to get em out himself. I'lltry to keep Corky off the laptop so he and Freddy can't exchangeanymore mischief! Lil stinkers!

Thanks SAS - I remember this well, that's how Iknew the doctor was bang on with the activated charcoal and theSubQ. This forum has taught me so much!

_________
Nadia

Ok guys, dragging this one out because of my Tony. I woke up this morning to find 2-3 dark chocolate Dove Promises scattered about the couch, including shredded wrappers. This is approximately 16g of chocolate.

After examining the bunnies and knowing Tony's personality, it seems he was the culprit, not Muffin. He had a bit of a stomach gurgle upon listening to it (I've gotten pretty good at holding a bunny's tummy up to my ear and listening). No other signs except that neither bunny was too excited about veggies this morning. I examined their gums, heart rate, pupil dilation/response to light, breathing, and poop, and all seem to be normal.

I gave Tony 1.5 mL of baby simethicone for the gurgles. They seemed to be less frequent a few minutes later when I listened again. Granted that the bunnies may have eaten them up to 12 hours ago right after I went to bed, and there are no symptoms, can I assume that they don't need an emergency trip to the vet? I will be pushing greens and hay in their faces so they eat them and keeping a close eye on them for any change.

They've really gotten a lot better at jumping onto furniture in the new place and finding things they shouldn't (first the remote that wasn't chewed on before, now this)..

Yes, I did read that. Really terrible. But my guys ate a very tiny amount compared to that. They seem fine, although their poos are a bit lighter in color. I'm about to change the litterboxes so I'll be able to keep a closer eye on their output. I've been trying to catch Tony for another belly listen and maybe another dose of simethicone, but he's been too fast for me, which is def. a good sign.

Yup, he's fine. The lighter-colored poops have stopped now, no more gurgles, and eating everything in sight! I guess because he only had a tiny amount it was ok. Thanks!

Back