Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droniuke

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my 10 weeks old bunny. I never had it before, so I’m a bit worried. She looks fine, running around, eating and drinking a lot of water. I’m giving her a lot of timothy and meadow hay, she’s eating it just when she’s doing her business in the litter box. Aso giving her the pellets which she loves and eats a lot. Yesterday I gave her one treat, broke it to the four pieces, coz I thought it would be too much all of it straight away. After few hours she was pooping soft poops, hard ones as well. Today in the morning I found a few soft again and just now she ate some of it from her butt, but also left like a soft double one in the litter box. So I took away the pellets and left a lot of hay everywhere in her playpen. Doesn’t looks that she’s unwell or something. Could it be from timothy hay? She never had it before or it’s from to much pellets? Thank you.

Relax.

Keep feeding hay. Whatever kind.

Are those pellets you give the same she grew up with? If not, or if you don't know, I would limit those pellets o a teaspoon twice a day, and increase gradually to the recommended amount.

Excess cecotropes (the stuff they eat from their butt) are normally a sign for a too rich diet, most times too much pellets, but relocating a rabbit is always stress, and under stress things can happen.

Calm down, let her settle in, as long as she's eating, drinking and pooping it seems to be fine :)

Yes, it’s the same pellets she grew up with and sometimes I mix a bit a new ones I have. But today, from the early morning there’s no other dropping just a few those soft ones..

Double poops happen when the digestive tract shuts down. Remove all the pellets and treats, only feed her timothy hay and veggies (romaine/dark leaf lettuces-no iceberg, cilantro, or parsley). Offer her lots of water. Is she acting normal? Playing around and pooping some normal poops?

So I increased pellets to the recommended amount straight away and now everything is normal again. Thanks for your help Preitler and Mariam+Theo☺️

Back