help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I wish there was something I could giveher for it. My mom said that sometimes antibiotics can make human andanimal babies constipated. but not for this long.

There are gut motility drugs- they make themuscles of the intestines work more. I was just reading aboutthem. They can make it worse if she has a blockage, though,and it isn't unusual for hairballs to occur when the GI tract slowsdown. I don't know if she would be too young,either. Both would be up to your vet but you could ask himabout it. Is she on pain med and anti-gas meds?Those can make her feel better, which may help get thingsmoving. Again, this is all up to your vet.

I would suggest using an ani-gas treatment such as simethicone (infant anti-gas, available OTC at any drugstore)

Also something to address the possible blockage such as Laxatone (available OTC at most pet supply stores).

~Jim

rabbitluvr04 wrote:
How much of the anti gas medication should I give her? Areyou sure it is safe? as she is still very very young.
It's safe and won't harm the little one.

My S'more is a 9 lb dutch and I was giving her .06 ml twice a day.

Carolyn's Tucker weighs in at 4 lbs and she was giving him .03 ml twice a day.

I would call the vet and see what kind of dosage they recommend, though.

Make sure you get the liquid infant drops. One brand that I found iscalled "Mylicon", however I just opted to by the CVS brand that alsocontained simethicone. The bottle comes with a dropper that will allowyou to measure it.

~Jim

Back