help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitluvr04

Reaction score
Someone help me! My moms friend gave my new tinybunny a little tiny bit of iceberg lettuce and it now has diareah! Whatdo I do!?!?!? What can I give it!?!!?!? Help please!!??!?~!!?!?
!

Calm down, it's not that huge of a deal. It justneeds some fibre. Give it oats and hay for starters. A call to the vetmay be in order for some other tips.

rabbitluvr04 wrote:
is dry unflavored oatmeal ok? Is there anything else I can give?
I assume you mean the long-cooking type of oatmeal and not the instantkind....give it and it will be a big help. The hay is a goodsuggestion also.

I forget how old your new bunny is - but they shouldn't have greensuntil they're um....6 months or so? I forget...and iceburglettuce is NEVER good for them - they need the darker lettuce likeRomaine!

Peg

I no about the iceberg rule, but my moms friend didnt:( Its the Quaker oatmeal(the long cooking type...is that ok?

anything else to give it? like some type of medicine? And I heard fromsomeone on another forum a could years ago before I came on this forumthat you can give them pedielite (sp?) ?

I just went to the kitchen and all my oatmeal isgone!!?! What do I do now. I am so sorry I am freaking out, but i'mreally worried.

It Works! Please Try this! if ourbunnies at work getDiarrhea i give them one capsule to an 8oz bottle of TC Capsuleswhich is tetracycline.foundin the fish department. (it cures wet-tail in hamsterstoo)and i also give them extra timothyhay twice aday. i repeat this until they are better. if they aredrinking out of a bowl, i mix the capsule in a bottle first then pourin bowl.

It is 11:28 PM over here and my mom just took meto the store to buy oats and pedialite. I dont know what else to do. Mymom said if it still has diareah in the morning then we will take it tothe vet.

How is the bunny? You are wise to beconcerned. Feeding iceburg lettuce, spring grass or a lot ofgreens to a bunny not used to those foods can be fatal.

Pam

Dr. Greek, our vet, said that she has pinworms,so he gave her medicine to get rid of them. He also gave her I.V fluidsand sent us home with Baytril and critical care to hand feed her with.She is still grinding her teeth, He said she is grinding them becauseof her upset stomach, but she is feeling better. She also drank 2surenges(sp?) full or pedialite and 1 surenge full of critical care.

I am holding her now, and I was checking her outto see if she is ok. I looked at her bottom, where the poo comes outand it looks and feels very swollen like she has a blackage down there,what should I do now?

She is now acting VERY constipated!

When was the last time she pooped? It's possible that the rectum is just very swollen.

If the bunny only had a very tiny bit of lettuce, it possible that she has enteritis, and was not sick from the lettuce.

Pam

Then I would suspect that the rectum is justvery swollen -- nothing to worry about at this point.Enteritis (mucoid enteropathy) is a bacterial infection common in youngrabbits. The vet took correct action and at this point, youjust need to follow his/her instructions and pray. You canalso give a tiny piece of baby aspirin to help with the pain.

Pam

Latest posts

Back