Help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cak6631

Reaction score
Hello fellow bunny lovers!! I have aissue with my little Hoss. I recently moved to a house thathas many cats (like 12) that are inside outside cats. I havea cat of my own also that made the move with us and they both seemed tobe doing really well. All the cats are terrified of Hoss andleave him alone. Hoss is litter trained, neutered, and fairlyeven tempered. I have lived in this house with all the catsfor about 4 months now and just recently Hoss has started to not usehis litter box he has started pooping on the beds and all over thefloors like he use to before we got him neutered. Justtonight he was on my bed and he urinated on it. I don't knowwhat to do!!! He was so good when we first moved here he usedhis litter box just like before we moved. Could itbe all the cats in and out of the house? Is he mad atme? Please help I don't want Hoss or I to beunhappy with this temporary living condition. Thanks!!!!!

My personal thoughts:

Does he have a cage or is he a free roaming rabbit?

I think because he moved into a new situation, he is now trying tore-assert his territory. I would probably make him a rabbit condo andkeep him in it, and let him out in smaller area and start all overagain, like you would with a new rabbit. It will help him adjust to thenew house. Even though you have already been there for 4 months, maybehe is getting upset by all the cats (make sure you use Advantage on himwith all those cats around).

Re-train him to the litter box. If he is marking on the beds andcouch...he is marking his territory. This is just my idea. Maybesomeone else can pitch in with more info?

Good luck!

Liz

yeah, my bet would be its a territorial thing.

my Max, who is usually very well-behaved has to be caged if I ever govisit my parents. They have 3 cats and 2 dogs and even though I keepMax in a separate room, he can still smell/hear them.

He will pee and poop all over the room and yes, pee on the bed. Its sogross that I just keep him in his cag unless Im able to sit and watchhim the whole time.

Sorry about your troubles. If this is just temporary, you may need tokeep him in his cage unless he's being supervised (does he have a bigenough cage to be able to do this?).

Best wishes

Haley

You could also try a puppy exercise pen to give him room to run around. it definitely sounds like he's marking things.

He's a handsome boy!

Thank you everyone for your replies!!Yeah, he is my little chubber bubber!! He likes his food thatis for sure!! I do have a cage for him that I don't feel isbig enough for him to have to stay in for a long period oftime. The idea of getting a dog cage sounds good til we leavehere. Just one more question for everyone, I thought thatwhen Hoss got neutered it would make him stop doing the "it's all mine"poops. I read that it was suppose to knock out theterritorial instinct in him. Oh, sorry one more question. Ididn't know that you could use flea medicine for cats onbunnies. I havent seen any fleas in the house yet, I willkeep my fingers crossed!! But if someone could write me andlet me know how much flea meds I should put on him that would begreat. I think he weighs around 5 maybe 6 lbs.Thanks again!

Oops...Just noticed you're new here. I forgot to say Welcome! :hello :welcome1

Feel free to introduce yourself in the New Members Thread here:http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11671&forum_id=1

ROhas a wealth of information so feel free to look around! Onthe cage issue, I had bought my buns the biggest rabbit cage available,and it still felt small. One of the first things I did when I joinedthis site (after seeing some truly amazing bunny cages people hadbuilt) was to build my own (its huge and only cost me like 35 bucks!).Heres a link for cage info (check out the NIC cages!):http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11792&forum_id=17

Lastly, heres some great info on flea control and treatment:http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12922&forum_id=10

Hope this helps! :group

-Haley, Basil:rabbithop, Max:dutch, and Tumnus:bunny19

It's a common misconception that fixing a rabwill eliminate its territorial instinct. Not so. Generally it willreduce or eliminate marking with urine, but a rab will ALWAYS continuemarking with droppings, some more than others.

Thank you Haley for the links they are going tocome in real handy!!! Hoss is going to have one heck of acondo when I am done!! Also, thanks bunman for the info onthe territorial pooping. It is so nice to be able to comehere and find answers from people who have been through it and know allabout our furry friends. Thanks a millioneveryone!! I will have to get some new pics of Hoss foreveryone to look at.

Latest posts

Back