HELP WITH BONDING RABBITS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinley

Reaction score
hello!

I learned recently from my vet that my female rabbits cannot be spayed due to health problems. I have my two males neutered, and I wanted to still bond them so that the rabbits aren’t lonely. I was wondering if anybody has had a successful bond with the males neutered but the females still intact? Thank you so much!

hello!

I learned recently from my vet that my female rabbits cannot be spayed due to health problems. I have my two males neutered, and I wanted to still bond them so that the rabbits aren’t lonely. I was wondering if anybody has had a successful bond with the males neutered but the females still intact? Thank you so much!
Havent done that myself due to having only females but should work. Only issue is the females may want to mate when males are fixed.

It totally depends on the individual rabbits. Spaying is done not just to prevent pregnancy but to rid females of those pesky hormones. Females can be particularly territorial.

Some females, however, are more docile that way, and may be willing to bond with a neutered male. Sometime neutered males seem to sense or react to an intact female's hormones. If it were just one female and one male, it could be easier. Having 2 of each can complicate things if they are within smelling/seeing distance of the other pair.

In your situation, I would tend to try to keep each potential pair in totally separate areas (different rooms, different exercise areas) to prevent territorial issues. It could increase the chances of each male/female pair actually bonding successfully.

Seems unlikely that both of your female rabbits have health problems that prevent them being spayed? Maybe get a second opinion?

It will work bonding her with one of the neutered bucks, but when the hormones act up. The doe might stress the buck up and herself, but this all depends on personalities. A rabbit dosen’t want to mate all the time.

I know many that have neutered bucks with unspayed doe, they have no problem with bonding them.

Thank you all for the replies. I am going to attempt to bond them separately and see what happens. I will be sure to keep y’all updated!

Latest posts

Back