Help stop rabbit abandonmnent on CL

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phonetic Diabetic

Stay Sugar-free
Reaction score
If you haven't seen lately, people are selling "Easter bunnies" on Craigslist at an alarming rate. We know where most of these rabbits end up.... back on Craigslist or in shelters because the kids "weren't responsible enough" or "the family doesn't have time anymore". Do your part and take 3 minutes to add a post on Craigslist. No text is even needed, just post these pictures..... they say it all. I'm sorry if this affects any members here that breed, but they shouldn't be sold as "Easter bunnies" anyway.

Last edited:
As a rabbit owner, it seems kind of silly to me to urge people not to get rabbits. I enjoy them so much and always advocate for rabbits as family pets.

Rather than discouraging anyone from adding a rabbit to their family (at any time during the year), I'd encourage everyone to write an educational post about rabbit care and post it to your local Craigslist area. Include links to websites with reputable rabbit information, and maybe even a link to RO for more info. We can't stop anyone from buying rabbits, but we can be the first to provide information to help new owners!

Latest posts

Back