Help Please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My parents dont think it's serious enough adn wont bring him in....:(

they said he's just fine....but I dont think he is I'm so woried about him butthey wont bring him in.....*cries*:tantrum::tantrum::bigtears::cry2:tantrum::cry2:tantrum:

How old are you? Do you have a driver's license? Maybe they would let you take him, and then you can pay them back by doing chores, ect. Worth a try, because he definitely needs to see a vet. He could be having GI problems, which could be deadly if left untreated.

15,I cant drive,hehe.

anyways I'd have to do alot of chores I dont have any money myself because I had to buy the new cage and such.

I could get a picture of him tilting his head maybe someone could see if it's really serious.(I think it's serious but...) If it's very very very serious I'll scream to get there attetion or steal the keys and try to drive myself. I'm not not joking.

I cant use the email...I could try calling them and telling them what my rabbits behavior is like latley then they can tell me what to do or talk to my parents and tell them how bad it really is! I'll try that tomorrow,but it's about 5 minutes to ten so it's a little to late.

we have a close vet not rabbit savvy though,they dont get rabbits in very offen except for my rabbit and my sisters and sometimes another.

I have another important question what can cause a ear infection?

like some people say if you bathe your rabbit and it gets water in it's ear it will get a ear infection,and they said that will cause headtilt...

here's a pic of him tilting his head I'll get the others ones in this afternoon.

my avatar is a headtilt pic also.

I'll tell the story..

About a week or so after I got him I noticed his head would tilt,now every time I took him out he'd start to hop around for awhile then his head would tilit.So I came running up to my mom and said "mom kody bear's tilting his head He might have headtilt" and she said,"no he's just fine he's a perfectly little healthy bun" so *rants silently* so I wne tback to my bunny-boy and his head was still tilting,anyways after a few minutes playtime was over so he went back in his cage,and he stopped tilting his head aftera few minutes.months later....I had him out and he started to act funny he'll usaully sit in your lap and love to be pet but when I took him out he wanted to go back in his cage and that continued for a few days now,also the worst thing of all he's become ani-social he does not want to be pet or held,he'll bite if you try to give himattention. oh I'm really worried I dont want a rabbit that does not like me or anyone else....I feel like he hates me because he never wants to come out.*cries*:bawl:bigtears::bigtears::sad::sad:

You really need a vet that knows rabbits, even if the vet consults with your vet. (Did you get a chance to call your vet?)

Where are you located?

sas

PS: the anti-social behaviour may just be that he's reached his 'teens',neutering would probably help that, although if he's grumpy when you're touching certain spots, as noted, he needs to be checked out.

do your parents not realize you may have a dead rabbit on your hands in a few days!! how can they not see that? explain over and over until you are blue in the face. you have to do something and not tomorrow. NOW!

good luck talking to your parents

why dont you let them read our posts on here where she can see what all we have said?

I've explained to them,And I'll probably call the vet today.

(just want to make sure novody cautches me or I'll be dead)

I'm sure they can tell me what's wrong,since he was not drinking out of his waterbottle I tried a bowl of warm water.Most of my rabbits will drink warm water if not from there waterbottle.

I'll tell ya what the vet said as soon as I call.

I have the similar problem with my mom.. she thinks if Pepsi is sitting up and open eyed she's fine (She expects a sick rabbit to be on it's side with it's eyes closed :disgust:.. but my mom is getting more rabbit savvy!). When Pepsi was going downhill, I knew I had to do something in orderto try to help her. Find some really good sites, (or we can help you) about headtilt and the seriousness of it andGI Statis issues. The biggest thing is to educate your mom to show her that this rabbit needs immediate help.

Have her read this site

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

You really need to be firm and have your information out to show youre mom what you're trying to do.

I don't think calling a vet without premission will help anything, because information over the phone without a physical examination canbe difficult. Has he dranken anything yet? Try maybe having two bowls, one with pure water with nothing in it, and maybe one with some 100% juice (Apple maybe, no sugar) and water. Make sure you always have fresh water on hand incase he doesn't like the juice in the water. It might tempt him to drink?Also, maybe try giving him some wet parsley?

Latest posts

Back