Help Please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit_whisperer

Reaction score
please help my rabbit a male mini rex is acting really odd he's not been eating much or drinking andhe flinches really hard when you touch his ears on back,he layed in one spot yesterday for 8 hours straight and he did not drink any water or anything.

I'mSO worried..........:bigtears:

When was the last time he ate? Drank? Pooped? Peed? I'm not sure, but he should definetly get seen by a vet!

Is his tummy feeling normal? Any tooth grinding? Odd posture?

he's going to the bathroom ok I think someone might or hurt him my sister maybe,I dont know....but today when I had him out I touched his back and ears and he tried to bite me he's never done that before he it seems to hurt or something.

I'm not sure. He might just not look those areas touched. Maybe see if youcan look over his ears for anything? Also, talk to your sister if you think she might be hurting him and your parents as well, that's not good.

You still might want to get him seen by a vet just incase he has mites or something and to make sure he's hydrated. I can't really tell, because I don't know the description of the full story. :?

Do you have a vet clinic you can call? Sounds like he should be seen to make sure nothing serious is going on...if one is available, perhaps call and describe what he's doing, and see what they say. Just from what you described, I'd suggest he see a vet...

My parents told me it's not that serious...he might just need to get nuetered but that's not just it.I checked his ears earlier to see if there was anything in them but nothing.any other ideas on what it might be.

sorry for the double post,He's starting to drink abitnow and starting to eat a little!

but he's still flinching whenever you touch his back or ears.

Well, I don't think you've provided much detailed information. With not eating could be numerous things. When was the last time he drank around? Rabbits can get dehydrated very quickly.

*Didn't see you're last post, it could be just he gets irratated when you touch the certain spot

did you notice my new post,He's starting to drink a little bit,and I gave him some grapes because there his favorite and he ate a little of one.

Is he hopping around now? Can he turn his head okay? Does it seem to be more the ears or the upper back/neck?

They can get sprains and fractures pretty easily. Pipp twisted her back and it was pretty sore for a day or so. She hid out in her 'I don't feel well' spot, and couldn't hop more than three hops. It cleared up on it's own as I was preparing to take her in. (It was a weekend of course).

If he's not hopping after a day and appears to be in pain, I'd take him in for an xray.

Hope he's okay!If he's eating and drinking, you're ahead of the game.

sasand the gang

sorry didn't see it.

I guess all I can do is pray for him now.

He sorta tilts his head,I'm thinking he might have headtilt but he's been doing that since I got him.

I'll be back with a update tomorrow.

He's probably had the problem for that long. They don't naturally tilt. Any sign of mites?

Definitely off to the vet, asap.

Poor bunny! Here's hoping it's something some antibiotics (or whatever the vet says) will clear right up.

sas :pray:

Does he hold his head in a tilt? Or is it just a quick movement? If he's holding it tilted then he definately needs vet care.

And you didn't say if he was hopping much? Is he urinating like normal or is he having accidents and peeing on himself? Rabbits with hurt backs will often pee on themselves because they can't control their bladder and they can't get into the normal position to pee.

I agree with all of the above posts. Pam and naturstee are EXTREMELY knowledgeable in rabbits, please listen to them both and get your rabbit to a vet ASAP. Ear mites, inner ear infection, head tilting, lack of appetite, all of those are symptoms thatneed to be checked out. Definitely get your rabbit to a veterinarian immediately!

Latest posts

Back