HELP MY RABBIT GOT RED EYES

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legacygirl

Reaction score
I got a purebred rex doe black otter.Her side of her eyes are red not white. I hope I am explaning it clearly. She is in her cage alone. I hope it not a serious sickness. What is it?

Both eyes? Are they watery?Any white globs around them? As per the link I posted above,here's a pic of abad case of an eye infection. It's also possible you're at the end of the pellet or hay bad and the dust is irritating. Or any number of things. Can you take some pics?

sas

[align=center]
Eye4.jpg
[/align]

I can't take picture it would be too big on this forum. But I can definatley tell you it doesn't look anything like that at all. You know rabbit's side of the eyes are white? It just little red there.

Well, i hope someone can give you an answer.............because as for me........i'm stumped. Have a good night though and let me know if you figure out what it is!

Legacygirl - it's really hard to tell what you're talking about without a picture or a better description. You can take a close up picture and shrink it enough to fit on the forum.

Is your rabbit's eye watering at all - like is it all teary?

Make sure you shake out her hay and pellets so there is no dust in them before you give it to her.

How red is it? Is it just a little red, or it is the color of blood everywhere - like there is NO white, it's just all red.Sometimes my bunny Charlie has a bit of red toward the front of his eye, but that's just the way it is.

Please try to describe it in more detail or see if you can get a picture?

Nadia

Is there anything blooming that can cause allergies? Is it all the time or has it just started?

I lean towards thinking its allergies or somthing - but your best bet is probably to have a vet (or an experienced breeder) look at it. The breeder might simply be able to look at it and say, "oh...its allergies" or something if they've seen it before....but that would be mainly if you couldn't afford a vet right now.

Its good that you noticed this.

Peg

I notice all my rabbits have the same thing, you really don't notice it much just like honeypot said her rabbit have it. It just I never really notice before in the past.My rabbits are kept outdoor long time ago, now they are kept indoor so I notice more things than before.

Latest posts

Back