Help! Is my rabbit sick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnysdreams

Reaction score
Hi. My rabbits have gotten a lot more aggressive and her poop is small and dark. She is really scared of everything and runs away when she sees me.

It's a possibility. Sudden changes of behavior(unusual aggressiveness, lethargy, etc) can happen when a rabbit is feeling unwell. And changes in poop can also mean there is some sort of health issue going on.

If she is actually grinding her teeth and not just tooth purring like they do when they are content, then yes, she is in pain from something and I would suggest having her checked by your rabbit vet. It may require blood tests and xrays to find what the problem is.

A change in poo is always a warning sign of something wrong. Is she eating plenty of hay? Could you describe her normal daily diet? What is her age?

A change in poo is always a warning sign of something wrong. Is she eating plenty of hay? Could you describe her normal daily diet? What is her age?
She is almost 4 years now. She always has hay available and I give her a little of fruit and carrot once in a while. She doesn't eat a lot of hay.

What is her normal daily diet? What brand of pellets? How much is she offered of pellets? Does she get any greens? If so, which ones and how often and how much?

Back