Help I need suggestions! (strange growth visible or normal?)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello
My cousin has a bun. We were told that she was female and I checked her butt once but she was young at the time. Now she’s almost three, my cousin told me that she saw something like skin coming out of her butt and it looked normal, not inflamed or bloody or anything. I didn’t look at it and I don’t plan to, but i thought it might be hemorrhoids or something similar, I looked it up and i only saw bloody, crusty butts, nothing looked like normal skin coming out of a butt. Then I accidentally saw a split penis, i saw other pictures too but i gagged and couldn’t look at them. I’ve never seen a rabbits penis let alone a deformed one, and I don’t even know where they are located, is it possible for deformed penises to look like it’s coming out of the butt? I want your suggestions on what this might be, I’m not going to look at anything but I’ll send these suggestions to my cousin. Also, I’m not sure if she has testicles, could she be male or hermaphrodite?
She does act hormonal sometimes, she circles my cousin and poops around her and also pees on the couch. When she isn’t hormonal, she is 100% potty trained, not even one stray poop outside of the litter box.
She’s also very territorial towards me and only me.
What do you guys think? We’ll take her to a vet, but as I said on my previous post, we don’t have rabbit vets so I would like to know your thoughts on this first♥️

Uhm, you might want to think about looking at things, and taking pictures, that would help a lot to give good answers.
I know it can be a challenge to get over such things, like, I once had a job where I had to climb masts infested with spiders, before when I encountered one all you would have heard was a "Pop" when the air closed in on the space I just occupied and a dust trail to the horizon.:D. Still don't like them, but now I can deal with it. The other option would have been falling into the lake with a lot of heavy tools strapped to my body.

Is it now warmer than usual where you live?
Can you ask your cousin if it looks somewhat like in that picture if you don't have the opportunity to check yourself?:

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/low-hanging-testicles.106114/#post-1207128
If so, that girl is a boy.

No, a split penis isn't something you would notice without activly looking for it, like pressing at the right point to make it pop out. This wouldn't be that bad anyway as long as that rabbit isn't used for breeding since this is a genetical issue. For a pet, not a big problem, but I don't think that is in any way relevant here.

Uhm, you might want to think about looking at things, and taking pictures, that would help a lot to give good answers.
I know it can be a challenge to get over such things, like, I once had a job where I had to climb masts infested with spiders, before when I encountered one all you would have heard was a "Pop" when the air closed in on the space I just occupied and a dust trail to the horizon.:D. Still don't like them, but now I can deal with it. The other option would have been falling into the lake with a lot of heavy tools strapped to my body.

Is it now warmer than usual where you live?
Can you ask your cousin if it looks somewhat like in that picture if you don't have the opportunity to check yourself?:

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/low-hanging-testicles.106114/#post-1207128
If so, that girl is a boy.

No, a split penis isn't something you would notice without activly looking for it, like pressing at the right point to make it pop out. This wouldn't be that bad anyway as long as that rabbit isn't used for breeding since this is a genetical issue. For a pet, not a big problem, but I don't think that is in any way relevant here.
Yes! It’s 100 degrees here, even with the air conditioner on it’s really hot and her rabbit is angora, we shave her fur every two/three months. No it’s doesn’t look like the picture. It’s small and looks like it’s coming out of the anus.
She holds her poop for a long time and then poop it all at once. Could this be the reason? Like hemorrhoids or something similar that is caused from holding poop or anything.
I will check it out and take a picture when I get out of work. Her vet appointment is today too.

Okay I just went to the vet. I’m so tired of these vets and I don’t know what to believe 😩
When he looked he said, is this your first male rabbit?
Then he said that it’s just her vagina and it’s inflamed because her glands are dirty.
Then he said that it’s inflamed because she’s in heat.. I thought that females don’t go through heat no? Then he said that they have a cycle and when I said “I thought they didn’t” he changed his mind. Then he told me that she is in heat because she’s near a male rabbit. I said she isn’t and he kept changing his mind so I’ll just post the picture and I want you guys to tell me if it’s normal or not because Haru doesn’t look like that.

83A4E71E-36B6-4911-B78B-71F329561B2D.jpeg

That's good news :), the first description sounded rather serious.

In that picture it looks pretty boy-ish to me, pressing on the belly just in front of the penis/vagina makes things pop out and easier to distinguish.

Actually, does go through something like heat, when breeding rabbits chosing times when their parts are more visiable and more purple-ish is said to increase the chances to breed them easily, also their behaviour changes - at some times my does do everything to get to the buck, are glued to the fence and admiring, and then they ignore him for months. I go by behaviour to chose the right time.

But they can get pregnant at any time, and will likely do so if given any chance, every shot a buck gets is a hit, they are induced ovulators after all.

That's good news :), the first description sounded rather serious.

In that picture it looks pretty boy-ish to me, pressing on the belly just in front of the penis/vagina makes things pop out and easier to distinguish.

Actually, does go through something like heat, when breeding rabbits chosing times when their parts are more visiable and more purple-ish is said to increase the chances to breed them easily, also their behaviour changes - at some times my does do everything to get to the buck, are glued to the fence and admiring, and then they ignore him for months. I go by behaviour to chose the right time.

But they can get pregnant at any time, and will likely do so if given any chance, every shot a buck gets is a hit, they are induced ovulators after all.
Soo.. is she male or female? It looks kinda inflamed is that okay? Do i just leave her like that or is there something we should do about it?
As I said before, she sometimes circles my cousin, while pooping around her.

Hard to tell from this picture, I would tend toward male. As I said, pressing with the finger just in front to make it pop out (doesn't hurt them) makes it easier to see.
Circling isn't a behaviour I see from my does, but neither from my buck but he has bouts of very directed attention towards Dotty now and then and follows her around. If the corcling is accompanied by sounds like honking or grunting I would bet it's a boy.

I would check that the area is dry, and see how it looks in a few days, doesn't look really way off to me on that picture.

Hard to tell from this picture, I would tend toward male. As I said, pressing with the finger just in front to make it pop out (doesn't hurt them) makes it easier to see.
Circling isn't a behaviour I see from my does, but neither from my buck but he has bouts of very directed attention towards Dotty now and then and follows her around. If the corcling is accompanied by sounds like honking or grunting I would bet it's a boy.

I would check that the area is dry, and see how it looks in a few days, doesn't look really way off to me on that picture.
No sounds while circling.
But, they saw the area before and I was told that its color was like the anus and not as pink as the picture.
When I looked up how females look when they’re in ’heat’ it did look similar. But it also looks like split penis.

Latest posts

Back