Help! Fighting Bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure about supervised playtime together, although I think it may be okay. As soon as they start fighting put them back in their own cages.

I also heard that a spray bottle filled with plain water to squirt at them will get them to stop fighting if they should start to fight with each other.

Sweetie wrote:
I also heard that a spray bottle filled with plain water to squirt at them will get them to stop fighting if they should start to fight with each other.
:DFor some it works wonders. For me I have dumped a bowl of water on them and nothing. :X

JadeIcing wrote:
Sweetie wrote:
:D For some it works wonders. For me I have dumped a bowl of water on them and nothing. :X

Well, some rabbits are just plain stubborn! Others aren't so stubborn!

Don't be fooled by their acting like they want to be together. I had two males that fought horribly so I separated them. They would lay next to each other (by the bars that separated them) and I thought the same thing. So, after about 3 weeks, I decided to let them get together, thinking they had "made up" and, no sooner had I let them together when the fighting began again!

birdlover wrote:
Don't be fooled by their acting like they want to be together. I had two males that fought horribly so I separated them. They would lay next to each other (by the bars that separated them) and I thought the same thing. So, after about 3 weeks, I decided to let them get together, thinking they had "made up" and, no sooner had I let them together when the fighting began again!

Were the two males neutered? Because I have heard that when two males are neutered they generally, although not all the time, get along and can be housed together.

aww im sorry to hear your 2 boys are fighting :(personally i wouldnt risk them out together but if you do the second they start chasing spearate immediatly.

My 2 buns fought about 6 months ago without me knowing i found them both bloody and Crystal had to go to the emergancy vets for stiches as rabbit skin is easily torn.

when i was on low income i used to put so much away every week into a savings account and this was used for neutering/vaccinations and vet trips when they were ill even something little as $5 would be ok it all adds up over time :)

I know a few people who have successfuly rebonded their males after neutering but it all depends on the rabbit i think it works better if you have a boss bunny and one who doesnt mind being bossed around :)but thats just been from my own personal experience

It must be the weather! lol ;)
We just bonded our two boys and last night I heard the most god-awful ruckus and sure enough there was fur everywhere! They were both neutered as soon as their testicles dropped. And have been living together for almost 2 weeks with no issues...
So we had to seperate our guys for the night and the two are acting like we are punishing them for no reason...lots of long sad bunny looks!:grumpy: Not to worry they scared the sweet crap out of mommy! Sheesh!:grumpy:

I did notice one was smelling particularly skunky...so today I will do a gland cleaning and see if they can pretend to love one another again! They have been inseperable since we put them together...

Sometimes the fur-kids just drive me bonkers!

Good Luck with the boys! I'd keep them seperated until you can get them both neutered! In Ontario you really have to go outside the major cities sometimes to find a reasonable price for speutering! I know of some clinics around T.O. that can charge up to $400...our vet charges the same as for a cat or dog which is a lifesaver! I can def afford $80...I'd be poor if I had to pay $400 per bunn!:shock:

Before our boys were neutered we did let them have supervised playtime together...but you can't leave or turn your back for even two seconds!
If they start to chase...we would just break it up right away and everyone went back to their cages. Once they start it just escalates...so the first time is the last and everyone goes to timeout to cool off.
When we got them neutered we continued with the supervised playtime increasing it a bit at a time...until they could spend the day together with no issues! In the meantime we would switch houses and litterboxes every night...so we would put Guffy in Darwins house and vice vesa...when we finally put them in the same house together everything already smelled like both boys and they settled right in. No problems...until last night...but that was my fault.
I am trying to move them to a different room that has bunnies in it and I switched everyones litterboxs...I think it set off their man hormones again...so I will have to work on that today...nothing kills the mood like a thorough grooming! He he he!:biggrin2:

Danielle

Latest posts

Back