HELP Craigs List Bunny I want to save

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is really up to you. If you do take him, you should have a totally separate are from him and make sure to wash your hands after touching him and even consider extra clothes just in case. As he does have contact with a reptile, you don't know what he could have and don't want to transfer it to your rabbits. A vet check would be a very good idea and he may need treatment. This could be for worms, parasites or something more serious. You will of course need a cage, litter box, food and water dishes and everything else that goes with it. If you do get him to the point that he is healthy, you will have to decide if you want to keep him or try to find him a good home.

If you don't take him, you will wonder what happened to him. Since he is around a reptile, it probably doesn't have the fear of it. This could be dangerous if the home he goes to has something that could pose a real threat to him. Someone who knows nothing about rabbits could think that how he is housed is good and keep him like that.

I would say that if you can take him (have the supplies, finances and can quarantine him), then take him. At least he will go with someone who knows what they are doing and can give him the care he requires.

I was thinking the same thing. I have everything I need including a corentine area. If I dont take him Im going to have many sleepless nights wondering what happened to him. If I take him I am worried how much $ I am going to spend since I truely can't afford another bunny vet wise. I am so stuck in a rock and a hard place. Should I maybe call a rescue? I am losing my mind over this :tears2::panic::pullhair:

I am leaving now to go pick him up. I can't take it anymore, i won't be able to sleep. I asked if he had a cage she no he is in a fish tank. HOLY GUACAMOLE!!! What am i getting myself into.

His name is Yoshi and he is 8 weeks old. He is the sweetest little bunny, very very affectionate and begs for head scratches. As soon as I put him in querentine he went staright for the pellets and the willow wreath for his tummy. The Lady was very sweet and they had a spotless apartment and seemed to love him very much.They were just uneducated. He is a little on the thin side but I also dont know what breed mix he is. He weighs about 1.5 lbs. I am weighing and deworming him tomorrow. He was on a celantro, romaine, tomatoe diet. Eeeks!!He is loving the fresh hay.

2011-07-22220906-1.jpg

2011-07-22220834-1.jpg

Awww Yoshi is a cutie pie! What a BIG baby! Congrats :D I'm glad you got him out of that situation. I have limited sympathy for the previous owners, it's not that hard to look up proper pet care info online.

Julie what a wonderful thing you did.

I wish you lived near me, I have 2 cages I'm not using but refuse to get rid of them and quite a few of the NIC panels.

Looking forward to hearing more about him.

Susan:)

What a cutie!!! I would be worried about salmonella, most reptiles can carry it. Make sure too wash your hands with antibacteria soap for a couple weeks.
I didnt see where he lived before the add was deleted. Thank you for saving Yoshi! :)

Pharfly wrote:
I would be worried about salmonella, most reptiles can carry it.

Mostly the poop and skin sheds have the salmonella. And the animal may have it if the cage is not cleaned properly.

I feel bad about the poor bunny being in a 10 gallon glass aquarium with what looks like Repti Bark.

Yes that was reptile bark in that tiny little 10 gallon fish tank.

I was worried about a lot of things he could be carrying form the reptile and with sharing not only common areas but sharing food. I have been very careful in handling Yoshi and washing my hands after every cleaning, feeding and endless love. I have also made him my last bunny to care for durring feeding time. I am a clean freak as it is so I am very cautious. Working on the vet field for 12 years I am certainly no stranger to desease, disinfecting, quarentine. etc etc...........:biggrin2:

Let me tell you, this is one of THE sweetest rabbits I have ever met. I thought Smooch was a big love bug. Boy howdy this guy just wants love, he also wants to hump my arm as of yesterday. He could still smell my other buns on my hands since I care for him last. He was siffing me so intense that I thoiught he was going to sniff my skin right off. Well he then took a hold of my arm and went to funky town. I could not stop laughing becasue he was just so into it. I thought he was far too young to display this behavior since NONE of my bunnies have aever done this at such a young age. The lady may have been off on the estimated DOB. She said he was 4 weeks when they got him and they had him for a month. Hmmmm....Other than the intense humpage he loves to lick and snuggle, he just wants to be close and to please you. He is amazing. It will be hard to let this one go but I took him as a rescue and am adamant about finding him a well educated and loving home. I think it is best for him. Although my 3 get a ton of attention, I don't want to overwhelm myself. Keep in mind I have 2 cats, 2 dogs and the 3 bunnies already. Everyone needs proper love and attention. I just wanted to save the little guy.

Anyone in my area that might be interested, let me know.

new2bunnies wrote:
I would call. I couldn't see the add as it was taken off/flagged but that is not good. I would be making a call.
Sorry I am confused, what call should be made? I already replied to the CL post and went and saved the little guy. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back