HELP bunny ate calla lily leaf!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunzy

Reaction score
My bunny was running around in my yard and he ate a piece of a Calla lily leaf I read that it could be dangerous, what should I do?

If your bunny is used to get into the yard, she didn't eat a lot. I think the most "toxic" thing are oxylats, well, they shouldn't be on their daily menu since they mess up calcium managment, but it's not really that toxic. The other stuff, that can cause irritation, well, if your bunny is used to being outdoors it should know the concept of test nibbles.

Look out for diarrhia, lose stool, etc. Entice her eating hay, by turning it over or changing frequently. Make sure she has fresh water.

No reason to panic right now, but keep an eye on her intake and poops. Most likely she's fine. One can get paranoid when reading all those toxic lists on the internet - my bunnys just munch up or leave whatever they want and they are fine, thank god they can't read.

Last edited:
If your bunny is used to get into the yard, she didn't eat a lot. I think the most "toxic" thing ar oxylats, well, they shouldn't be on their daily menu since they mess up calcium managment, but it's not really that toxic. The other stuff, that can cause irritation, well, if your bunny is used to being outdoors it should know the concept of test nibbles.

Look out for diarrhia, lose stool, etc. Entice her eating hay, by turning it over or changing frequently. Make sure she has fresh water.

No reason to panic right now, but keep an eye on her intake and poops. Most likely she's fine. One can get paranoid when reading all those toxic lists on the internet - my bunnys just munch up or leave whatever they want and they and are fine, thank god they can't read.
Thanks for the answer I will keep an eye out I appreciate it

Latest posts

Back