Hello to you all

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemm

jemm
Reaction score
Hi can I introduce Oscar he is 4 and a myxi survivor
sw4fu8.jpg

Myxamotosis think that's how you spell it, it's that horrid virus. I started to write about it, the thread is in the bunny business called fighting myxi

So am I! Do you have any nasty bunny diseases where you are it just seems that their is always something that will effect them

Not really, all of the rabbits in this area don't seem to be very prone to getting diseases. There hasn't been much bunny sickness that I know of in this area.

Good and I hope it stays that way these little fur balls have a way of tugging on your heart when they are ill!

True It is a horrid feeling, guess he is ok now though

/Welcome to RO.

Fortunately in the US we don't have Myxomatosis. Are you in the UK or in Australia? How did he beat it? Its a truly horrible disease and its so bad that we're the ones who created it!

Yep in the uk in the rural south west, it took a lot of time and effort and the vets didn't hold out any hope Infact when we had the all clear about 10 weeks after initial contraction he admitted that we were his first case of survival which Made all the effort worth it. If you get bored one evening I have started to write an account in a separate thread explaining a bit more detail about it.

:hello & :welcome1 to you & Oscar! Congratulations to Oscar for having overcome myxi! Hope is is completely healthy now! I still consider myself a bunny mom newbie with my first bunny girls, Faith & Hope. I've learned so much here about bunnies but have so much more to learn each day.

Hi tauntz yeah Oscar seems ok now he is bouncing about in the garden most days so he certainly seems like his old self you certainly never stop learning either :dancingorig:

I must say that you are certainly very lucky to have gotten through myxo with Oscar. It is not a forgiving disease and once symptoms are noticed it's often already too late to do anything about it. I think the fact that he kept his appetite and that you encouraged his appetite was certainly a great help.

Also, welcome to the forum :)

Thanks yeah I think you are right food,warmth and catching it early that was the key is it much of a problem in oz?

Thanks yeah I think you are right food,warmth and catching it early that was the key is it much of a problem in oz?

It is a problem here, the main issue with it is that we're not allowed to vaccinate against it (something about it being a live vaccine and worrying that it will spread to the wild population). So I have to make sure Bandit's hutch is covered in flyscreen to stop mosquitoes getting in etc.

It is a problem here, the main issue with it is that we're not allowed to vaccinate against it (something about it being a live vaccine and worrying that it will spread to the wild population). So I have to make sure Bandit's hutch is covered in flyscreen to stop mosquitoes getting in etc.

That's so unfair that you can't vaccinate and I guess it means extra work for you, **** those mossi's like Bandit I keep Oscars hutch covered now with a fly screen

Back