Hello. New here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlyCocoa

Reaction score
Hello,
We have a new 4H PET project in our home ( My daughter's) . We got him on New Years Eve. We think he is a rex, but we are new to all of this. He is going to the vet for a check up Monday and to confirm he is a male. We do not know his age so we will ask the vet for an estimate on that as well. He has been sneezing and has a wet nose since we got him. I hope the lil guy/gal is okay.
We just lost a Netherland Dwarf during a routine neuter in December. My daughter had only had him 2 months. He was to be a pet project and not for show so she had gotten the hang of caring for a rabbit's daily needs. This one is very sociable, loves interaction, and seems to actually like to be handled. He even kisses her already. I am glad we found this site. There is still so much to learn.

His discharge is clear. He eats, drinks, pees, poops just fine which makes me feel better. (we think he is a boy)I just hope he gets to have some good years with my daughter. It was devastating to her losing her first one so quickly.

I have a Rex rabbit, the most beautiful grumpy best friend I’ve ever had. He had a wet nose when I first got him and he was sneezing a lot too. As long as his nose is clear and no discharge is seen he should be okay. Make sure that he is eating and drinking. My rabbits nose always felt wet but nothing came off on my hand (like if you had a wet finger and touched your other hand, there’d be small bits of water, he didn’t have that, it just felt wet). I hope she’s feeling better after her first died.
It’s great that he’s friendly and likes being touched! Apollo (my bunny) is the absolute worst when it comes to that. He’s not aggressive but hates being touched. We went to the vet two days ago to have a routine health check and nail clipping. He almost ran off the table when the vet was checking him over.
Good luck to you and your daughter!

Latest posts

Back