Hello Kimi's Island Adventure 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh believe me, ladies. I'd love to have even 10 more bunnies. To be honest with you, we're searching for " a perfect boy " for our Kimi. So far we still have nothing. Besides, I'm scared to just go and take any bunny we've found, you know ? What if Kimi likes to be the only Diva in the house ? What if she doesn't like the new boy ? What if the new boy will hurt her ? Ahhhhh, I'm so scared. I think in the future we will have another bun for sure, just we take it real slow. It's good that now when I'm at work, my husband is at home. Yesterday Kimi showed me that she was sad that I left her to be with my husband. As you know, in the past I was the one who do things for her, food, cleaning and so on but now during the day will be husband's duty and when I go home in the afternoon it's my turn. I think she misses me hand feeding her :p I miss that too. So I'm trying to spend time as much as I can while I'm home with her. She never leaves my side now when I'm home. It's so good to know that she misses me too and I think you all know, I miss her like crazy !!!
Nela and Julie, do you guys have any plans for up coming holidays ? I wish you guys having lovely holiday. Miss you all.
Kisses,
From Kimi's family.

[align=center]Homesick mommy :([/align]

[align=left]Yes...it's me who is homesick right now. I know this might sound silly but ever since I've started working here, I feel so strange being away from home and my girl everyday. I guess I need time to get used to this. Kimiko had been totally ignoring me for the past few days. :( I feel bad, I mean good that my working time is mostly at the time she sleeps, but because I always visitted her at her room during afternoon and I always fed her (by hand) when she was on the upstairs. I feel sth is missing and probably she feels the same. I've been trying to spend time with her more when I get back home, but I get up everyday at 06.00 AM,so it's quite difficult for me to stay up late. :( [/align]

[align=left]However, this moring was a bit better than the previous days. I woke up, let Kim out and cleaned up her cage, replaced her hay with new freshy one... same habit I always do. Then she went to lay down in the living room, I followed her. I petted her for a long while, and we fell asleep together :) I kept telling her that I need to go to work for us, no ideas if my Diva gets it or not. :D I totally miss hubby and Kim a lot. Especially, now that my husband is more often at home ,so I wanna be there with them :( I know...I'm being silly right now. Pls be patient with me. :p [/align]

[align=left]Oh ! and this morning while I was about to go out from home, Kimi came to send me at the door. I gave her a kiss and she lick my cheek. Oh mannnn ! I must admit, I almost cried. Seriously, my hubby and Kimiko are the World to me andI do anything for them. We've been searching for bunny for adopting for a while. No news yet, but we will keep looking. I know one day we will have a buddy for my Kimi, it might take a while, but he's coming...I can feel him :D [/align]

[align=left]Ahh, lots of pics we took are waiting for me to post them. :-/ I won't promise anything any more, it seems like every time I did that, something came up and I had no time to post again. Let's just say, I'll post when....when I will post :D[/align]

[align=left]Today is the last day at work before a long weekend. However, my husband and I are going to Warsaw tomorrow. We're going to a wedding of our friend and will be back on Sunday, probably in the evening (we need to do a big shopping for house supplies and food :-/ someone ate all our food ! LOL), which means Kimiko will be home alone for a day anda night. Gosh, I hate doing this,but I have no choice. I hope Kimi will understand this and won't turn her back on me again (it killed me, I'm telling you). [/align]

[align=left]Oh,right. I'm at work :p So I gotta go, hehehehe. Nothing to do. :XOkay but I must go. I'll see you guys later.[/align]

[align=left]Take care, all. [/align]

[align=left]:big kiss:[/align]

glad to see you checked in....haven't seen or heard anything from you in awhile! we had a nice easter holiday here. i bought willow and walter a little stuffed rabbit and they love it. its so cute, i keep catching willow licking it, so i know she must like it, she's grooming it lol. we're getting anxious for spring to actually kick in here in michigan, its been gloomy rainy and cold!! i have had a chance to take the buns outside a couple of times and they loved it, i am waiting for a few nice days so we can go outside again. they have a little pen i put them in in the backyard and love to lounge and eat grass. i think they enjoy the change of scenery too. anyway, glad to see you post something and glad to hear you all are well....:wave:

jujub793 wrote:
glad to see you checked in....haven't seen or heard anything from you in awhile! we had a nice easter holiday here. i bought willow and walter a little stuffed rabbit and they love it. its so cute, i keep catching willow licking it, so i know she must like it, she's grooming it lol. we're getting anxious for spring to actually kick in here in michigan, its been gloomy rainy and cold!! i have had a chance to take the buns outside a couple of times and they loved it, i am waiting for a few nice days so we can go outside again. they have a little pen i put them in in the backyard and love to lounge and eat grass. i think they enjoy the change of scenery too. anyway, glad to see you post something and glad to hear you all are well....:wave:
Glad to hear from you too, Julie. Yes, it's been a while and I'm so sorry for not logging in that often. Last week was exhausting, I was so tired and couldn't do anything else, but came home and went to bed. After the long holidays and this long weekend, I feel fully charged ;) .
I don't know why, but Kimiko didn't eat anything when we took her out for a walk. Maybe she wasn't hungry or she was too excited about the view and forget to notice something under her tiny feet :D hehehe. I want to take her out for a walk here too, but it's been rainy here. So I'm waiting for sunny day too :)
Kimiko is doing okay. It's almost the schedule for her to get vaccinated. Did I tell you ? We've lost her carrier in Warsaw while we moved out from there. :( I like that carrier and we need to buy new one, so as soon as I find something similar to the old one, we will take her to the vet. Anyway, I miss you and I'll log on more often. Pls say hello to your babies for me :) and some nose rubs too !
Take care.

Vircia, I know what you are going through with having to leave Kimi for work. I am currently looking for full-time work and dread the thought of leaving my kids for that length of time. No matter how much I try to convince myself that it will be better for us to have the income, the separation anxiety is killing me already. What will they do if they don't get their salads by noon?!! :lookaround

It is good to hear that every-bun in your family is doing well. Be good to yourself... ;)

myheart wrote:
Vircia, I know what you are going through with having to leave Kimi for work. I am currently looking for full-time work and dread the thought of leaving my kids for that length of time. No matter how much I try to convince myself that it will be better for us to have the income, the separation anxiety is killing me already. What will they do if they don't get their salads by noon?!! :lookaround

It is good to hear that every-bun in your family is doing well. Be good to yourself... ;)
Dear Janet,

Thank you so much for understanding me. To be honest, I didn't talk withanyone about this, okay except my husband. I was afraid that my friends or others wouldn't understand and would come to the conclusion that I'm obsessing with my bunny !
Yes ! A friend called me so. I must admit that I was angry at her, a bit. Having a pet means having more family member. They aren't just animal to me. They're part of the family and I get so annoyed sometimes when people says "It's just an animal". :XIf you ask me if I spoil Kimi, yes I did spoil her sometimes :pBut hey, doesn't she deserve one ? :) hehehehe. So now that I go to work everyday, I've found it's really hard at the beginning to be away from home more longer and more often thanI used to, who's gonna check Kimi's hay,whether she has clean water, did she eat pellets ... all those questions ran through my mind all the time while I'm at work. But all are just my concerns. She has my husband taking care of her during the time that I'm away. She was confused at first, " :?Papi... Why are you filling up my food ? And why are you here ? Where's mommy ? ", but then she gets used to it. Lately, every morning while I'm getting ready to work, Kimiko follows me everywhere and I do mean "everywhere" !!! while I'm brushing my teeth, she lays down next to my feet. I assume that she misses me and wants me to stay home. :pAbout finding a buddy for her, well, we stll want to, but I really want to take it real slow and take a time to look for a perfect bun. It will be very difficult for us if things won't go well like we want to with a new bun (they won't like each other, for example) 'cause we live in an apartment with 2 bedrooms. If we have a house, it won't be that much problem.

When the time comes that you will go to work. Pls don't worry too much , ok? I know it's easy to say, I can't even do it myself now :pBut yourbaby buns will understand and we still can spend time with then when we are at home. As I tell Kimi every morning, " Kimi, mommy is going to work for money to buy you food and toys, ok? " :D Hehehe.

Miss you and it's good to hear from you. Take care :kiss:

ya know (or you should think of it this way) bunny's are not usually very active during the daytime hours, which are usually spent loafed out napping. So while you're at work, Kimi is napping so she probably doesn't really realize you are gone. And you are home with her in the morning and in the evening when rabbits are most active. Thats the most important times to be with her! there now don't you feel less guilty?:D:agree

jujub793 wrote:
ya know (or you should think of it this way) bunny's are not usually very active during the daytime hours, which are usually spent loafed out napping. So while you're at work, Kimi is napping so she probably doesn't really realize you are gone. And you are home with her in the morning and in the evening when rabbits are most active. Thats the most important times to be with her! there now don't you feel less guilty?:D:agree

:hugsquish:Julie, thank you so much for cheering me up. You always make me feel better. Really, I do. Thank you, my friend. :kiss:

You know me, I'm sooo addicted to my girl, LOL. I really miss her while I'm at work. This morning she was so tender toward me, she kept laying down and squeezed her body against mine while I was laying down with her. :blushan:It was so nice that I lost a track of time. :D hehehe. Now I know how it feels, once your bunny is bonded with you, it's totally a real paradise :)

How are Willow and Walter ? I remember when Kimiko had her spaying operation, Willow has his too,right ? Can I ask if he's still hormonal or if he still has some kinds of behaviour he had before the op ? :) Kimiko is still hormonal , a bit, I can tell it's less than before. I think for her it will take a while before it's all gone...or not :D But it doesn't bother us anymore.
Take care, :hearts

Heya Vircia,

I hope you are having a good day so far. The weather here is really nice and warm. It's actually not normal because it hasn't rained in weeks. Ah well! We enjoy it while we can.

Julie is right about most buns not being very active in the day. She most probably rests while you are at work so she has full of energy when you come home :biggrin2:I've had single buns in the past and they were okay. Of course, if they could choose to have you home all the time, they would. However, ask them if they want new toys and yummy things and they'll probably kick you out of the house and send you to work without hesitation :pWe are but bunny slaves after all :wink

Nela wrote:
Heya Vircia,

I hope you are having a good day so far. The weather here is really nice and warm. It's actually not normal because it hasn't rained in weeks. Ah well! We enjoy it while we can.

Julie is right about most buns not being very active in the day. She most probably rests while you are at work so she has full of energy when you come home :biggrin2:I've had single buns in the past and they were okay. Of course, if they could choose to have you home all the time, they would. However, ask them if they want new toys and yummy things and they'll probably kick you out of the house and send you to work without hesitation :pWe are but bunny slaves after all :wink

:) hey, Nela

Ahhh Iw ish I could say yes, but I'm totally in the opposite way LOL. I'm reading about export-import Laws 'cause I will need that soon and reading this makes me dizzy. :D It can tell that I'm a Laws-lover, hehehe. I must admit that I hate this subject during my study, LOL :)
Yes, I know that Kimi is sleeping now, but I miss her :( You know, I used to do hand-feeding her during afternoon time. :) Yepe, I'm a too worried mom.

The weather is bad today, so cloudy since early morning and looks like it's gonna rain soon. It was nice and warm weather for a very short periods, now it's cold again. Ahhh, I want to go to you, Nela :) it'd be nice to hang out in the sun while watching lovely Maybelle hopping around, hehehe. Does she allow you to put that cute pink top on her again ? :) Okay I gotta get back to that Laws thing :( Somebody saves me....:big wink:

Hehehe silly. I hope you got your reading done. That does not sound like a fun subject :expressionlessLol. Bring Kimi to work with you. LOL. Just kidding of course. Have a good day today. I hope you get sunshine! Will be 27 C here tomorrow so let me know if I should expect you guys for dinner ;)

Nela wrote:
Hehehe silly. I hope you got your reading done. That does not sound like a fun subject :expressionlessLol. Bring Kimi to work with you. LOL. Just kidding of course. Have a good day today. I hope you get sunshine! Will be 27 C here tomorrow so let me know if I should expect you guys for dinner ;)
:running bunnyOh... Amsterdam, here we come !
LOL :biggrin:Do you think you can share few degrees with us here ? It's 13 'c today. :expressionless

[align=center]Time flies :happybunny:
[/align][align=left]
It's been so long..I've missed logging on here, but I was so tired after work and couldn't do anything else, except had dinner and went to bed.
Kimiko is doing okay. Yesterday we went to see a vet for vaccination. He said she's quite chubby :( I really have no ideas if she really is or what. I need your opinion ? If my girl is really chubby ? She weighs 3.3 kg. Her eating routine hasn't changed, I mean I still give her food the same type she used to have, but smaller amount, such as fruits, home made cookies ( smaller size) and pellets. We took her to the clinic which is near by our house. I'm not so sure if he's a bunny savvy vet, but according to our conversation, he seems to know things about bunnies, but you know me...I'm always worried so much about my girl and I don't trust any vets so easily, especially at the first time. Am I too much conditional ? :confused2: What can I do? I love my girl and I want the best of the best for her.
Anyway, besides of being tubby, the vet said she's very healthy and has very nice fur ;) we have another appointment for another vaccination in 4-6 weeks. The weather here is quite hot, about 24-25 'c during the day. Kimi barely moved this morning 'cause it was really hot. So I gave her air-conditioning...hehe a frozen bottle of water. :) when it was late afternoon it rained a bit, so good for her :) hehe.
:) And finally ! Pics ! Pics ! Pics ! We took these a while back when Kimiko turned 1 year old. I'm so glad we have her in our lives. There's no single days I didn't enjoy having her with us. :) We love you, Kimi ! Nothing else to say...so...Please enjoy:)
[/align][align=center]
Our sleepy girl
P1060691.jpg

How cute ! :D
P1060693.jpg

[/align][align=left]
I will post more pics tomorrow. :) Time to play with my girl. We wish you all have a lovely weekend.

Thank you for visiting our blog,
Take care.
:bunnyheart
[/align]

Awe Vircia, what heart-warming pictures of Kimi! Makes me want to cuddle and take a nap with her. They are certainly framing quality just on theircuteness factor alone. ;)

Thank you, Janet. I like watching while she sleeps. :) Kimiko always sleeps like this during the day, like she passes out :D hehehe. She gets so tired everyday 'cause she has morning duty, destroying cardboard box and sometimes (when we don'y look at her) destroying something momma calls "furnitures", LOL :D Well , it seems she likes to tease us. When she sees that we are looking or telling her " Don't bite that, Kim !", she will do the binky or will run away with her shaking butt :D heheh, silly girl.
We're having trouble with pellets now, Janet. The shop where we always order her food from is running out of Xobow Basis T. It's the only shop in Poland which has Oxbow pellets. So far we can't find any other brands which are as good as Oxbow, or the brand Susan suggested me ( MARTIN). We're thinking about asking a friend from Eu to send us some :( and the silly part is that someone gets gealous about this shop, so they post on a website saying Oxbow pellets are highly contained toxic, bad for bunnies.:X Geee, how much I hate those silly people.

That's strange, or maybe not so much,that people make posts like that on a public forum because they are mad. Toobad Oxbow has no means of monitoring such things to catch them for defamation of their product/brand name.

Is your store just not going to carry it anymore? You've been buying Oxbow at the store for a long enough time for them to realize you are a good customer. Do you also get hay there also? I would be really surprised if they don't want to keep their better customers happy by being stocked with favorite products. Wish I could help you out on that one, but I'm sure shipping alone would be horrendous. :( Good luck with getting Oxbow from another source without a major price jump.

Janet:
Thank you :( Yes, they aren't going to carry it anymore. We received an e-mail from them aside from the problem with that post about Oxbow, they also have problem with their supplier in England. So they can't promise anything. :( We've been thinking about asking a friend from EU sending us Oxbow, but I still don't know whom I'm gonna ask from. *Sign.... thanks for your support.

Julie:
We miss you guys too. I've been super busy lately and so many things on my head :-/ Sorry for being gone so long, but I'm back...for good ;) Take care. Talk to you later.

Vircia.

[align=center]New pellets for little princess :big wink:[/align]

[align=left] It's been longgggggggg time. :(No excuses for that. Couldn't really find any good excuses, due to the fact that I've lost most of my time at work.:sigh:... Now it gets to the point that I need to sit down and think carefully what I really want. I used to enjoy working back in Bangkok and I still prefer working and being a housewife in the same time. Although... this work took over me. I mean... I barely had no time for something else, taking care of my family and house and so on. So yeah :expressionlessthat efffects me a lot. Not to mention that the people I work with are hard to handle... well, let's not talk about them.I don't like to talk about others. Let's just say that I'm thinking about taking only one job, the job that I enjoy doing it and resign another one. So I will have time for myself and my family. I've missed them. Sound weird,right ? Of course, we live together, but I barely had time for them. Two things I did when I got back home after work, having dinner and going to bed. :(I couldn't do anything else. I was so exausted. Lately, Kimiko's been quite moody toward hubby and she wouldn't leave my side when I prepared for going out to work. her routines have been changed and I think that might upset her. Yes, if you ask, it upsets me too :(I feel guity, guity that I've been greedy, greedy for work because I thought that was the best for all of us, but no... oh boy I was wrong. So the update about me is that I'm quiting the office work very soon, until the end of the contract. But I'd love to continue teaching. I do enjoy teaching kids here. That makes me happy :). So guys, please wish me luc. I hope everything will smoothly work out.[/align]

[align=left] Now about Kimiko's pellets. There are some people I'd like to specially thank to:[/align]

[align=left]Nela : [/align]

[align=left] My lovely friend. :) Thank you so much for giving me the advice and thank you for calming me down, lol. It took a while until I decided to change the brand. And so sorry for bothering you. :) How lucky you are. At your place, I'm sure you have more choices to choose from for your babies. Kisses. We love you. :hearts[/align]

[align=left]Susan : [/align]

[align=left] :) Thank you for writing me back on the post about pellets. I took your suggestion, but unfortunately we couldn't find them either in Poland. Also I always enjoy watching youy blogs. You have many cute stuffs for your buns and believe me ,Kimi will scream at me when she sees those cute stuffs she doesn't have. :D hehehe. Yes, she's one of the kind and we love her ! :) [/align]

[align=left]Janet :[/align]

[align=left] :) You're always there when I need some advices. Thank you, Janet. I'm glad that Kimiko is growing up among this Ro family and you've helped me to be a good bunny mommy for my girl. [/align]

[align=left] :bunnysuit:So we decided to change pellets' brand for Kimi. We order Grainless from JR Farm. I believe it's German company. The vet recommended this brand. he said it might not be the best, nor as good as Oxbow, but it's good enough for bunnies. Also, We want to feed her more fresh greens to maintain the quantity of nutritions she needs. So I think we will be all right. My plants are growing :) I'm so excited. If I have time, I'll talke some photos of our "garden" (well, it's not garden you think, but yeah, it looks like to me :D). Okay, gotta go back to work. I'll post more soon.[/align]

[align=left]Take care and have a nice day.[/align]

[align=left]:kiss:[/align]

Latest posts

Back