Hello from Somerville, MA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zicheri

Reaction score
Hi! I just got a baby flemish giant named Winston who is 2 months old today. I've been searching the forums for weeks while getting ready to bring him home and have found some great information.

Winston is a light gray and he's doing great already. He's already learned to use his litter box and enjoys sitting in there to eat and sometimes nap. He hops all around his cage to let me know that he's ready to come and play and I give him access to the rest of the apartment (which is small). So far we haven't had any accidents (knock on wood!) He has also decided that he'd much rather sleep on the bare coroplast flooring in his cage rather than the bedding that I put in there. He just pushes it out of his way.

Winston is a happy bunny but of course he doesn't seem to chew the toys I got him at the pet store and would much rather nibble on the sofa and my jeans. I've been "eeek!"ing when he nibbles me and have been trying the spray bottle for the couch nibbling. Hopefully he'll get the idea soon without getting too mad at me.

-Emily

Here's a shot of him relaxing with me:
30335_599932732879_4800848_34558742_6144997_n.jpg

Hi,
Winston is gorgeous and I loove his name!
I am new here too!
My bunnies are Delilah and Hershey, they are Mini Rexes.
We would love to get to know you and Winston!

Welcome!

Miria, Delilah and Hershey :)

Hi Emily and welcome..

Winston is just gorgeous..and sounds like an adorable lil bunny

Yeah my bunnies have chewed a few things that they really shouldn't have like i have little teeth marks in my kitchen table..if i don't put my clothes up well then the bunnies claim it as theirs and will mark it with little bunny teeth.

Thanks, everyone! He is going to be very big... it's hard to imagine right now but he is definitely getting bigger by the minute.

If anyone has suggestions on how to get him to stop chewing clothes and sofas I would appreciate it. He doesn't seem to care that much about the spray bottle... this morning I just had a damp bunny chewing my sofa. Hopefully he'll improve once he's neutered, but that's a few months away.

-Emily

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Winston is beautiful, I love Flemish, his coloring is great. I have several flemish and they are such loveable buns.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back