Hello! Can you confirm my new bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneTwoThree

Reaction score
I got my first baby bunny on saturday, still nameless (and I'm not sure of the sex yet!). I was told she's a lionhead, but she doesn't look like any of the lionheads I've seen here? She's just kinda fluffy. She's about 9 weeks, (the pet supply said 8-10, so I'm going to average it). She's also 99.9% the tan and white colors, but has the tiniest tuft of black on her bum!
Bunny.jpg

Bunny_2.jpg

Bunny_1.jpg

She looks like a LH to me...especially with those short little ears....She seems like she has a little bit of a ruff and more could come later. Also keep in mind that the degree of mane on a LH can vary from none at all to complete body coverage with wool....Not all of these will fall within the LH standard but all make great pets nonetheless....my Elton is an example of a lionhead blowup lol....he has excessive wooling all over. Here's a thread with some Elton pics so you can see the opposite extreme of your bunny. He's also mixed with holland lop hence the floppy ears. :)

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=64930&forum_id=1

Oh My Goodness, your Bunny is so cute.:big kiss:

I see Lionhead in him/her. But i'm no expert even thoughI have 2 Lionheads.

More pictures please.:biggrin:

Susan:)

OMG That baby is so cute!!!! Gah! The cuteness overload!!

Looks like a Lionhead or Lionhead mix because of the little forehead tufts. :p

Just wanted to note, though, that it looks closer to 6-8 weeks to me so be sure to push lots of hay to keep the system healthy!

You have a very cute little bunny! I am in agreement that I see a little bit of a tuft on her. But in time it will become more obvious.

Enjoy your new precious! And don't be shy about posting more angles. :p

What a cute little floofy baby! I agree with OakRidge though, she looks younger than 8 weeks. Younger bunnies get sick a lot easier so you need to be sure not to stress her too much (not too much handling or petting for now, might want to keep her in the cage most of the time in a quiet area), feed her lots of hay to keep her digestive system working properly (baby bunnies digestive systems are very delicate), and don't feed her any treats or veggies or fruits. Other than that, enjoy your little cutie!

Back