Hello! Can you confirm my new bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! I bought him from a pet store (I know, I should've looked into a shelter first :/) and they told me 8-10 weeks, but he seems so small! They also said lionhead, but when I checked out the photos here of them, he just seems like a fluff ball LOL.
I've been staying away from treats and veggies, just lots and lots of timothy hay, orchard grass, and pellets.
He seems to be adjusting well, we wait (most of the time) until he comes out of his cage to pet him or take him to the bedroom (free play in there, it's bunny safe), he even gave hubby kisses the other day and I've seen 2 mini-binkies :D.
I've been grooming him quite a bit because he used to get poop stuck near his bum, but I finally "tranced" him on his back, cradled in my legs and trimmed the fur, and it hasn't happened since.
I have an appt to get him neutered next tuesday, but now I'm wondering if I should put it off a few more weeks? My vet fixes boys at 3 months, which he would be if he was what the pet store said. Is there a way I can tell if he's closer to the 7 week mark than the 12 week mark?

I'm glad you're planning to get him neutered but think you should wait about 2 months! He should not turn into a hormone controlled bunny freak in that amount of time :) The bigger he is, the safer the surgery will be. In my opinion he is too young to get neutered this Tuesday.

Latest posts

Back