Health concerns with Lionshead rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeanieRainy

Reaction score
this is the first time I’ve ever used this forum so this might not make much sense but I have a Lionshead rabbit (female) who is a little over a year old that we took in from a family who wasn’t moving and could no longer care for her about 3 months ago. About two weeks ago I discovered a scab on her back and wanted to wait a few days to see if it would go away but it hasn’t and now the skin around it is flaky and the inside looks darker than it should be (pictures attached). We’ve been avoiding taking her to the vet for financial reasons but I’m beginning to get very concerned and I feel as though this may be necessary at this point in time, however I wanted to see if anyone has experienced something similar and how to handle it. Pictures of the area are attached. Thank you!

Attachments

• B09CA72F-898D-4ADF-89C9-786F7F9B6DD2.jpeg
    B09CA72F-898D-4ADF-89C9-786F7F9B6DD2.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 9
  • E9824ED1-E42F-4B0A-B0DA-FCA38195BA2C.jpeg
    E9824ED1-E42F-4B0A-B0DA-FCA38195BA2C.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 9
If it is only in that one spot, then it may just need longer to heal. If it was a deep wound it may need a bit longer to completely heal.

If it's scaly skin and she has it in other places, then she may have something going on like fur mites.

Latest posts

Back