Hazel's Real Life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm almost halfway through the book, and really enjoying it. How do you pronounce his name? My son and daughter think it's REALLY cool that the book I'm reading is written by a member of our message board. :)

Elf Mommy wrote:
I'm almost halfway through the book, and really enjoying it. How do you pronounce his name? My son and daughter think it's REALLY cool that the book I'm reading is written by a member of our message board. :)
Thank Minda! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it :D The pronunciation is BÄH-SÄH-JAHN. The first two 'a's are an 'ah' sound (like a doctor telling you to say 'ah'), and the last part rhymes with 'Shawn'. A lot of people pronounce the last part of the word like the Spanish name 'Juan', but it is actually more like the French 'Jean', with a soft 'J'. The word is from Basque mythology ^_^

Aw, tell your son and daughter 'hi' for me!

Hey all! Last weekend I hadthe opportunity to go to an open house at the Great Lakes Rabbit Sanctuary, the rabbit rescue that Basajaun's Warren benefits. It is really a beautiful place. I snapped a bunch of pics if anyone is interested :)I can't get them to show up directly on this thread since they are hosted separately, but you can see them all here on my public blog if you like!: http://rvandeuren.blogspot.com/2010/02/day-at-great-lakes-rabbit-sanctuary.html

RosemaryVanDeuren wrote:
Here's a little video I made a while ago of Hazel going crazy for banana! Despite what my posts might suggest, he does not get banana too often, hence his craziness for it. My fiance picked out the music ;D

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/KgBFzeBjAfU[/flash]
He sure "likes bananas":happyrabbit: and he chews with his mouth open :-D!

lillyen10 wrote:
RosemaryVanDeuren wrote:
Here's a little video I made a while ago of Hazel going crazy for banana! Despite what my posts might suggest, he does not get banana too often, hence his craziness for it. My fiance picked out the music ;D
He sure "likes bananas":happyrabbit: and he chews with his mouth open :-D!
Hi Lily! Thank you forlookingat Hazel's bunny blog! Yes he loves bananas so much it turns him into a big piggie ;)

Poe & Kirby are adorable, btw. It's so neat that they get along!

hartleybun wrote:
:biggrin2:the music is sooooo rexy! just love the shaking of the bars too! mine feel the same way about carrots:)
It is hilarious! I'm always afraid he's going to hurt his teeth >.< But it cracks me up when he tries to be tough & bossy ;)

hazel-bday1.jpg

Today is Hazel's birthday! He is six years old :) Yesterday he got a big piece of banana, so today he celebrated with a couple birthday grapes! And of course some extra *snuggles* from me!

hazel-bday2.jpg

Here he is looking nice and jowly for his special day ;D Since he's been shedding he also got a little molasses-flavored Laxatone, which I think he enjoyed more than anything else! He even gave me a 'thank you' binky afterward. "Aw mom-- laxative! Just what I've been wanting!" *kick kick*

In totally unrelated I also have a new interview online-- my first. The wonderful girl who interviewed me speaks both Spanish and English, so the intereview is up on her blog in both languages. If you want to read me prattling on about Basajaun, writing and rabbits...

You can click here to read the interview in English,
or here to read it in Spanish.

You need to add his birthday to our calendar and the special days thread! That way I can put it in the side menu so everyone can know that this special guy is having his birthday. :)

...off to read the interview!

I know it's been a short eternity since I posted here (sorry!), but thought you guys might appreciate this image-- one of my bunny-pals on Facebook had the idea and said I just had to do it, in honor of Hazels' 'jowls' ;)

jowls.jpg

Thanks Dave! I do need to get back to posting more Hazel pics here. I'm afraid all my bunny-photo time lately has been sucked up by the warren site. But Hazel needs to come back here and shine! ;D

Hey All!

Dave was thoughtful enough to message me & say hello since I hadn't posted here in so long! This reminded me how due I am for an update to Hazel's bunny blog :) Here are some highlights of Hazel-snaps over the past couple months!

haz-sept1.jpg

Feelin' melty in the summer heat.

haz-sept2.jpg

'Mommy it's too hot!'

haz-sept3.jpg

Posing in July with a bday card from my bunny-pal Shawna. As Shawna said, "He could not disapprove more!" ;)

haz-sept4.jpg

Sittin' pretty with a green plate.

haz-sept5.jpg

Hazel is objectified: a shot of the caboose.

haz-sept6.jpg

And one from just a couple weeks ago (my fave!), of Hazel's shedding cheek. During molting season, he looks like he has Peter Cushing / Peter Murphy cheekbones, &/or mutton chops.

In non-Hazel related (but still bunny-related!) news, I also got to customize a skate deck for a local skateboard art show in the spring. A ton of artists contributed custom boards and all proceeds went toward building a skate park for the city, which is cool. I did a 2-sided one with a rabbit motif. Here are some pics:

bunny-deck1.jpg

The front: Cotton and felt.

bunny-deck2.jpg

The back: Linework on natural wood grain.

bunny-deck3.jpg

Some details of both sides...

bunny-deck4.jpg

bunny-deck5.jpg

bunny-deck6.jpg

bunny-deck7.jpg

bunny-deck8.jpg

bunny-deck9.jpg

(& for those of you interested in my writing stuffs, I do actually have a new short story up my website to read for free, as a PDF. It is not bunny-related, however ;p http://www.rosemaryvandeuren.com/)

<3! Rosemary

Thank you so much for all the nice compliments, Dave!! :D

I actually have an exciting new Hazel video on youtube I'd like to post here! Do you (or does anyone else) know how to embed it? I read the forum how-to but the little flash icon (the little red 'f') isn't showing up in the reply header anymore :/

Latest posts

Back