Hazel's Real Life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats a great idea and it looks really good so far

Ok, I am about to have a heart attack here. My first comment is OOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Amy Winehouse!!!!! When I saw Bunny Winehouse I started screaming and yelled for mom to come look! Simply amazing and I would pay for that, just so you know *wink*

He is very beautiful. Mini Rex are my favroite breed of rabbit as far as personality goes. They are truely the whole package when it comes to the perfect rabbit. Your boy looks great and must be great inspiration for someone so talented. I have zero artistic ability, I blame my parents for their lack of artistic ability as well, but I am always trying to draw bunnies.

I am very much looking forward to more pictures of Hazel. Maybe even a drawing of Bunny Manson? I love Marilyn Manson and in bunny forum you are talking 10000 x awesome! Dillan likes Manson, as well.

Thank youBrenda! :)

bunnybunbunb wrote:
Ok, I am about to have a heart attack here. My first comment is OOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Amy Winehouse!!!!! When I saw Bunny Winehouse I started screaming and yelled for mom to come look! Simply amazing and I would pay for that, just so you know *wink*

He is very beautiful. Mini Rex are my favroite breed of rabbit as far as personality goes. They are truely the whole package when it comes to the perfect rabbit. Your boy looks great and must be great inspiration for someone so talented. I have zero artistic ability, I blame my parents for their lack of artistic ability as well, but I am always trying to draw bunnies.

I am very much looking forward to more pictures of Hazel. Maybe even a drawing of Bunny Manson? I love Marilyn Manson and in bunny forum you are talking 10000 x awesome! Dillan likes Manson, as well.
Thank you so much for all your nice compliments Samantha! I am extremely flattered! ^_^ I am a big Amy Winhouse fan too (obviously). The bunny drawings were a lot of fun, and I hope/plan to start them back up again soon. And a Marilyn Manson bunny is a great idea, I will definitely remember that! I actually saw Manson in concert a couple times in the 90s (Antichrist Superstar & Mechanical Animals tours).

Hazel is my first rabbit and he is a huge inspiration! I love mini rexes as well-- something about their faces & expressions really get me. What kind of rabbit is Dillan? He looks *adorable* in your userpic there!

Thanks again! I'll have to get on the ball and post Hazel's new pics! ;D

*jaw drops* You got to see Manson???? I am going to pass out. This year I tried to go to the Indianapolis concert, I could had stayed at my aunts, but $300 for the trip and $100 for a decently ticket was way to much for me. I scouted all his close concerts and closest one was there. I was crushed. If I could only touch him *beams* Now I sound like a wacko fan girl, but no, I truely love his lyrics. He truely is a very smart man, and many people do not notice nor care.

The Bunny Winehouse is a perfect rendition of her. I swear, the tattoos and everything. I pointed "Look, mom! Even the naked lady! Black, the horse shoe, her monroe!Everything!". Yes, I am crazy. Everyone tells me so, at least. "We know your not all there, but that is you and we are use to it."

Dillan, is a girl first off. I ment to pick a diffrent spelling but that spelling just stuck. I had a Gabby girl, so why not a Dillan boy? Anyway, she is half holland lop half dutch. She got the holland curiousity and the dutch calmness when it comes to handling. She loves high areas, the bed is her favorite.

That picture is from when she was much younger, 8 weeks I believe. She turned 6 months old today! I just relized it is today... Wow. I shall make her a cake :)

I just want to say Hazel reminds me of my Candy, RIP. She was the perfect rabbit and being such we know she was a mini rex *wink*. She died December 29th 2008 from female Cancer. She had just turned 5 in November. Ever since I have vowed to have all female pet animals spayed, especially the rabbits. Mousse will be spayed in Spring and Dillan soon after.

Ha ha-- thanks! ^_^ The Manson shows were really fun. He came out on big stilts / crutches during the Antichrist Superstar performance. Very cool! Sorry to hear you weren't able to make it out to see him this year :'( I'm in Michigan and only live a few hours from Detroit, where there are some big venues, so it makes it easier to see performers. Rose McGowan and Kurt Loder (MTV V-jay, if he's still around?) were in the audience at the Mechanical Animals show, which was neat, star-spotting wise ;)

Yes-- I scrutinized a bunch of Amy Winehouse photos when I did the sketch so I could (hopefully!) get her tattoos just right. Thanks for noticing! I forgot to mention I may sell the bunny drawings online at some point so if I do, I will let you know! ^_^

Sorry I assumed Dillan was a boy! Seeing as how I have a male bunny with a girl's name, I should realize! ;p A holland lop / dutch mix sounds so sweet! It's cool to see what characteristics come through in mixed breeds. So sorry to hear about Candy, though. My condolences :'( I have heard that getting rabbits fixed extends their lives. I got Hazel fixed when he was about 7 months, I believe.

I just wanted to say that I read your blog and I love it!

and that Regina Spektor is possibly one of my all time favorite singers out there! Her song "The Call" is amazing (along with all her other work, that one just happens to top my favorite list!).

My first rabbit Trixie loved Phil Collin's "You'll be in My Heart".

Thanks so much, Katie! :D

Yes, Regina Spektor is *amazing*. 'The Call' is so lovely. I have been listening to her song 'Eet' a lot lately. I really like her videos too-- they're so imaginative and dream-like.

Hee hee-- yes, it seems bunnies like romantic ballads! ;p

I know I am beyond late to post holiday pics, but I stil wanted to share these few of Hazel <3

bb-rosey-hazel.jpg

A rare pic of Hazel and I together (since I am usually behind the camera) posing in front of the tree. As you can see, he is thrilled 9_9

bb-hazel-tree1.jpg

Couch bunny surveys his domain.

bb-hazel-tree2.jpg

Something new has been added!

bb-hazel-snuggler.jpg

<3 *Snuggler* <3

Hope everyone has been well! Sorry for my big lapse here-- if anyone would like to add me on Facebook (Rosemary Van Deuren) feel free! I am able to update there more often lately, it seems:)

And as a side note in bunny-related stuffs, the Feb. pics are now up on the
BASAJAUN'S WARRENwebsite (including this month's winner-- Gus!), and they are *adorable*!! If you haven'tsubmitted your bunny's picture yet and you'd like to, you can send it in now. The new pics go up March 1st :)

bw-thumb-gus.jpg
bw-thumb-joanie-bear.jpg
bw-thumb-eclipse.jpg
bw-thumb-guffy.jpg
bw-thumb-max.jpg
bw-thumb-rosalyn.jpg

Rosemary,

I really don't know how I've missed all this. I've missed getting to know you, I've missed this marvelous blog. I've missed getting to know your handsome mini rex, Hazel (LOVE the name! makes me want to reread Watership Down.). I ordered your book (one of three left in stock!) and I can't wait to read it!

A really late welcome to the site, and I will mark this blog as one to read!!!

Minda

Thanks Minda! I can't believe I never saw Poe's bunny blog either-- I enjoyed it so much! Your photos of him are great! :D

Thanks too for picking up a copy of Basajaun-- I appreciate it! Hope you enjoy it!

Yes, Hazel is named after Watership Down. I am always surprised by how many people think he's is a girl, because they're not familiar with the book, ha ha ;p

Thanks again!
--Rosemary

lovely pics! and what a fabulous tree:) do i see a bit of a rexy moult going on with hazel??

im glad im not the only one with a 'to read pile'!! my diary even has notes with publishing dates.....

Thanks Myia! :)

And thank you Donna! Yes, Hazel has been molting for a month, it seems-- I'm surprised he has any fur left! He hates being groomed too but I have to be diligent about it because he got a bad hairball in his stomach once.
Yes I love to read (of course!), but I am actually a really slow reader. I think I write faster than I read! ;p

That is so flattering to hear Dave-- thank you!! I think that is one of the best compliments I can get :D Hope you continue to enjoy it!

I am halfway through now and I think this would be an awesome movie. I don't know if you can tell, but I am thourghly enjoying it.

When is the next book coming out?

Aw, thanks again Dave; you're very kind! Ha ha, it would be awesome to have a Basajaun movie with CGI rabbits and things-- one can dream! ;D

It will be a wait for the next book I'm afraid! I have begun writing it but it's on hold temporarily because I had another writing project that came up. But I would love to do a Basajaun trilogy eventually!

Thanks again and so glad to hear you're enjoying it! :D

Latest posts

Back