Hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trina

Reaction score
Hello, sorry for posting another topic! I waswondering what kind of hay should i get for Emmy? And why do rabbitshave to get hay? I'm really not shure which hay i should get for her!!Which one is good, and which one is bad?:?

Trina, Timothy hay is the most sought after hayof choice for adult bunnies as it's low in calories, high in nutrients,and helps keep bunny's digestive system working properly. Besure that it's fresh though with green pieces in it when you buy it.

The best place to buy it is at feed stores that cater to horses oronline (places like Oxbow [www.oxbowhay.com ] or American PetDiner [www.americanpetdiner.com]. Pet store hay or hay bought at retail outlets tends to notbe fresh.

Hope this helps! :)

P.S. Here's a site that will give you some guidance onfulfilling bunny's nutritional needs (www.carrotcafe.com ).

Also, check out the Diet section at the House Rabbit Society's website( www.rabbit.org ).

Any of the grass hays are fine. Alfalfaisn't a good choice, as it is too high in minerals for pet rabbits thatare on a full pellet diet.

Pam

Timothy hay is the best. It provides the extrafiber they need to be healthy and helps in grinding down their teeth. Idon't know which is the worst but alfalfa is too rich in nutrients andolder rabbits don't need all the extra stuff.

Back