Hay Types

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
Lazy, tired, have a headache and busy.

Ringo has slight over grown teeth in the back. He wont let her trim them so we are going to try and control it with different types of hay. So please make a list what he can try.

He has farm fresh timothy, alfalfa and has eaten orchard. He needs more.

Well, first of all, you have the types listed for Oxbow here:

http://www.oxbowhay.com/link.sp?page=Hay

Here's a picture:

Hay-Oxbow.jpg

I'm actually going to order a bag of each for my guys. God it's so expensive here.... I need to find a supplier... a hay pusher...

Is the botanical the new one? I know I've seen a newer one but I can't remember what it was!

Clover loves all the hays, Bo loves his timothy and will eat orchard now and then but not bunches. Oat hay was our guinea pig's favorite!

Yeah, I think the botanical is the newest addition. :)

Nadia...hay pusher...love that! :D

I say definitely get the Oat Hay, I've been getting that for my guys and the texture is unbelievable. Real course, that should help wear those teeth down:biggrin2:. Actually, there are different textures in it, including the flowery part.

I have this picture of all the baby bunnies going to the corner of the yard to some big old scraggly rabbit with lots of fake gold chains and looking for some hay...... :laughsmiley:

Looks like I have to drive 3 hours to Calgary if I ever want to get Oxbow products.
Can't find any in Edmonton, as the vets don't carry them anymore.
Toronto is the closest for shipping the stuff out.

Bo B Bunny...TOO FUNNY!! I'm picturin' it, too, now!! :D

And Pet_Bunny...why the heck don't they stock it anymore? FIE!!

That's what I want to do! I think Bo would like that a lot and I know the others would.

*note to self - order hay!*

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Looks like I have to drive 3 hours to Calgary if I ever want to get Oxbow products.
Can't find any in Edmonton, as the vets don't carry them anymore.
Toronto is the closest for shipping the stuff out.

I know I live closer to the TO area than you Pet_bunny, but I order my hay and pellets from Oxbow through The Canadian Pet Connection. Their shipping rates - at least to where I live - aren't too bad (for instance, to have a 50 lb bag of pellets delivered would cost me $21.50), and delivery time is very fast...just thought I'd let you know in case you decide to order them online. :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I have this picture of all the baby bunnies going to the corner of the yard to some big old scraggly rabbit with lots of fake gold chains and looking for some hay...... :laughsmiley:

:laugh:

Maybe try straw? That must be chewy :p. Not much nutrition in it, but will help with his teeth :D.

Silly Ringo, eat lots of hay boy!

Spring wrote:
Maybe try straw? That must be chewy :p. Not much nutrition in it, but will help with his teeth :D.

Silly Ringo, eat lots of hay boy!
I swear, some of the think pieces of the oat hay look like straw:shock:. I need to take a piccie:p.

Ask the vet before feeding straw. It could work as a toy or some seagrass mats or something but I don't think I'd want Bo injesting a lot of it myself.

Hey Nadia, PB...

With all the fellow bunny slaves in your areas, can't you put an ad in Craigslist (or wherever) looking for people to go in on a feedstore run?

For what you're paying for hay from Oxbow, you can rent somebody'struck!Or finda farmer or feedstore that will deliver for a price. A bale of Timothy and one oflocal meadow hay or oat hay or whatever will last several people allwinter.

A whole bale (60 to 120 lbs) is only between $5 and $12 here.

And PB, yours can say, "any bunny lovers/slaves travelling to Calgary?" and go in on a bunch.:)

sas :bunnydance:

We have a place next to my house I think it is called Centenile Feed (sp?) and we usally get about 4 bags each months of thimothy. We also get our pellets and Carefresh there. To bad they dont have them around you guys!:?

~Hannah

I found a farmer here that has Timothy/Alfalfa for like $5 a bale and will deliver to Toronto... but I can't imagine what I would do withan entire bale. Might be something I need to split with all the TO people if they want... good plan... I can be my own hay pimp. hahah.

Gold chains and all...

Latest posts

Back