Harry Potter Countdown!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the midnight showing... almost 24 hours ago.
It was soooo good!

About half way through, our movie cut out. They fixed it in about 2 minutes and I didn't mind much, but we got free tickets on our way out of the theater. Yay!

I'll probably download it and then go see it once the crowds die down.

I used to go to the midnight showing every time a movie came out, but lately the large crowds have made it completely unpleasant.

Wow, what a huge disappointment of a film. :( I don't even know why I bothered, they seem to get worse and worse. I know they can't include everything that's in the books, of course not, but they left out some really important things which are key to the plot, and that annoyed me a lot.

But apart from that the film just seemed very strange, very anti-climatic, I was waiting for the battle but it never happened. I don't like how they portray Dumbledore in these films, he comes across as really cold, I expected to cry when he died but nope, not at all. I liked some of the light-hearted bits though - especially Ron.

I thought it was a bit of a let down, I was expecting alot more action and for it to be alot darker, my favourite film was the order of the phoniex, and compared to that it wasn't as good, the end part should have gone on alot longer, there should have been more action at the end but instead they dragged on the start for too long and left very little for the major part at the end.

It was ok and I did enjoy it, but at the end I was kind of like 'is this it?' I'd probably give it 6 or 7 out of 10.

It lived up to my expectations. My expectations were very low.

Why was the relationship stuff given more time than the actual plot? 2 hours of teenage hormones, 10 of plot and 50min of added stuff not in the book.

Quiddich was a waste of time. It had nothing to do with the plot and just seemed to be there for the sake of having quidditch. They haven't done it in any real form since Prisoner of Azkaban.

I wanted a big battle at the end, but all that happened was some smashed dishes, broken windows and a small fire.

For some reason, Harry doesn't seem to need lenses in his glasses all the time. Half the time you see him, he has not lenses and you do notice it. There is at least 1 scene where he doesn't have lenses in one shot and has them in the next.

How are they supposed to learn anything when they only go to 1 class each year.

I do know that movies differ from the books, however, I want something that at least follows the basic plot of the book. I am not interested in the love life of Ron while Harry should be trying to save the world. More plot and less snogging would be good.

One thing that really bugged me with Order of the Phoenix was at the end when Dumbledore is supposed to explain everything to Harry. All be says is that he lit his bed curtains on fire. So much for "I am going to tell you everything Harry".

I am not sure I really want to see the last movies. 1 movie about camping and the other will not follow the ending of the book.

I would only give it a 3/10 for following the book.

I guess I should start off by saying I have never read the books. My opinion, this movie was wonderful, I liked that it focused more on the developing relationships. I thought it was very dark and intense. I cried like a baby when Dumbledore died.

I didn't care for the ending, but overall it was VERY entertaining, I was never bored nor was I unable to keep up with the storyline.

I love Snape and Ron!

I enjoyed this particular movie but I felt it ended with a lot of unanswered things..... nothing said about what happened really, and so on.....

In my opinion, the book is always better than the movie - no matter what book/movie we're talking about.

I hear a lot of people saying "they left such and such out of the film" but all naming different things. I think you have to realize how thick that book is and that you really can't fit all of that into a < 3 hour movie. It's also important to make the movies understandable for people who haven't read the books.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
For some reason, Harry doesn't seem to need lenses in his glasses all the time. Half the time you see him, he has not lenses and you do notice it. There is at least 1 scene where he doesn't have lenses in one shot and has them in the next.
LOL! You must be really observant, or maybe I just don't notice things like that. :p

I noticed the glasses looked strange but didn't see they were without lenses! How stupid! They can put clear ones in!

Latest posts

Back