Harnesses

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah...with the tugging- I did it inside, forsafety to make sure she couldn't get out if she wanted to. Ifshe freaked out, or there was a dog coming after her, or etc etc, iwant to be able to have her not go nuts-o on me if I yank her back forher own safety. I think I just need to try that other kind w/out thevelcro:?

Good luck!!! Maybe I was just lucky on mine!!!Its also good that its very rare we have a stray animal in ourarea...so I generally don't have to worry much.

This is another harness I made... it ties on theside so that it is easier to get on her. She doesn't mind toomuch having me put it on for her, but taking it off is the best partlol. When we walk she usually is in the lead and I run tocatch up LMBO

Susan

very cute :) Well thanks for all you're responses! Hopefully I get something figured out:p

hi all...

loving the pics of the bunny harnesses!!! i tried a puuy harness onmine purely because i can't find any bunny ones in South African petshops. does anyone have any suggestions as to where i could findharnesses online???

also, my bunny just won't MOVE when i put his harness on him like he'sterrified. i've made sure its not to tight, but still! and if i attachthe leash to the harness he just bolts and runs around and around andaround in huge circles and i can't stop him with much ease and i'mscared he'll hook himself on something and hang himself. anysuggestions as to getting them used to their harnesses? cos id REALLYlove to take him outside to roam about but with the eagles and snakesand bushes in my area its not really safe to let him roam free!

thanks a stack!!

May!

PS I can't believe how huge that precious bunny is!!!! SO beautiful!!!!!!!

ayglnu13 wrote:
He is a big mushy baby, neverwould hurt a fly! :D

P1011017.jpg

NimueSize.jpg

~Amy
:shock2::shock2::shock2:WOW!!!!

I use a kiten harness. I had a strechy strollerbut my guy chewed through the leash then mangled the neck strap. I likethe kitten one because it is thin enough that he can't chew it and theclips make it easy to put on and off. It anlso comes in many colourscan be less than $7 and it has a bell :singing:

Whoa!!! Nimue is adorable!What kind of rabbit is he? My friends see Zeke (my Mini Lop,who's 7.9 pounds, and think that *HE'S* large for a rabbit!).

Anyway -- Zeke hates harnesses. He's a huge prima donna andwould hate to go outdoors, anyway. He's used to his comfortsand doesn't like a change in routine!

Erin

I got a harness for dogs that is adjustable. Shehas never gotten out of it, once I adjusted it to her size. My bunnyhates the process of putting the harness on though. We also had to stopwalkies because some a**hole keeps letting his big white pitbull out torun in the street and through people's yards. :shock:I don'twant to risk my TinkleBunny getting mauled.

Don't rush to go outside. Just put the harness on and let your bunnyget used to it. Then with your hands kind of pull on the harness wherethe lead will go. I did this with my TinkleBunny for a few days beforeweventured outside for the first time.

I also have a sound I make when my bunny is doing something I don'tlike it is like a "Shhh, shhh!"noise.When she hearsit she runs back to me and sits at my feet.It came in handywhen she startedgoing somewhere I didn't want to go and Ididn't have to tug on the lead as much. (Tuggingjust seemedto bother her and make her not want to go anywhere)

~Star~

My bun chloe is just the right size for thedwarf oneon the one puter posted but it dosnt fir rona as i postedbefore. Has anyone tried the masrshal ferit harness??

i got a question too.:) for the people who havestretchy stroller vest harnesses, would a guinea pig or ferret harnessfit on a dwarf?? i have one that fits nice but i like the vest b/c ofthe detachable leash.
~ani-lover

My bun Ollie is great on the harness. He doesn'tmind it at all, but I have to be very careful to keep good control ofthe leash and make sure he doesn't spin around suddenly, because hehates having anything touch his back legs. He just freaks out. Once heactually managed to get the leash tied tightly around one of his backlegs. It was horrible, he started squealing and he was on the groundspinning and hair was flying everywhere ... but we were in the middleof our open back yard. It was pretty scary. :cry4:

Anyway, back to the happy stuff. Ollie's a good little boy, and he'slearnt to respond to tugs on the leash. Not like your buns, where hecomes back to me, but he will turn, stop, go and jump on command whilehe's on the harness. It was so easy to train him, as he's build prettysolidly, so he didn't mind the tugs. He just responded to pressure onthe harness. It didn't take him long to learn that if he turned wherethe harness was pulling him, the pressure stopped and he got rewarded.He's a smart little bun :D

Nimue is gorgeous by the way :inlove:

There's a wide variety of harnesses on the market. Try all the kindsyou can find, rabbit harnesses, ferret harnesses, cat harnesses, dogharnesses, I even saw a pretty big mouse harness once. :shock:

Good Luck!
Rachel.

I am goign to go the the ferratharness tommorow, i think it will work. Nimue is bigger than some of the dogs I groom!!!

Latest posts

Back