Harnesses

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiKi

Reaction score
I really want to take Toffee outside.......wedon't have a yard, jsut the apartment lawn. I havealready tried 2 harnesses on her (indoors) and she can get right out ofthe 2nd one with a good fight.:cool: Do you guys have anysuggested harnesses? I think she would love to hop aroundoutside...it woudl also be nice because she is loosing ALL herfur. there is literally a line around her where you can seethe llength of fur is short on bottom and long on top. Soshe's 1/2 way done. Our apartment is becoming a furbal andit's nasty :X. SO while we're at it, any grooming and househair cleaning tips? lol...........

Here's what I use and it seems to work well...no thats not my bunny... ;) But its the type of harness I use!

54352_41395.jpg

Hagen makes goodharnesses...i dontknow how big your bunny is, but the rabbit harnesses they make are toobig for mine, but luckily they make ferret harnesses as well which aremuch smaller and fits him perfectly.

Puter, that looks like what I tried...i triedthe large though...It looked like the harness would have to fit fairlysnug to work right...? Even in the large she looked like itwas squeezing the life out of her :pProbably cause she's allfur!

FreddysMom, my bun is about 6 pounds...

so then the reg. bunny size one would prollywork for you..they are adjustable and you dont have to worry about themcoming undone, b/c they have those plastic snap locks that you have tosqueeze on the side to get off.

The snaps are nice....has your bun been able to'slide' out of them backward? I take it not! But this onelooks the best because it is the most adjustable..thank you for thereccomendation! :D

yer i have 3 buns and tehya ll go on teh harnessi take them all roun d me gardern but they dont realy go on it much nowdue to i have a big run they can go in!

This is Nimues harness...

P1011546.jpg

We had to make one for him because everyone that we bought he grew out of! The part that goes around hisstomach is 22 inches long! :shock:

~Amy

*making a note to take Nimue's harness when I bunny nap him*

I use the harness/vest that was first picturedonourbunnyEllie....it's the only thingthat seems to work. I don't understand why they designed themto velcro underneath the bunny though. Obviously the personthat designed this never had to put their fingers near a rabbit's mouthand try to close it!!!! Yipes!

She weighs 5 lbs and I use the large one on her....fits perfectly!

wow...toffe is 6 pounds and managed to get out of the large size. That velcro is something else, lol...

*gasp* Nimue's beautiful! I've always wanted a really huge rabbit. Maybe someday:p

While we're at it, do you guys actually get them to 'walk' with you ona leash? When she feels tension on the harness, this is whenshe kickes up her front legs and backs out of the thing!

I've got mine to where if they feel a lil tugthey'll head back towards me...then I tell them how good they are thenthey do so...I only did this in case we get close to a dangeoussituation or something...like if we're out and I see a dog around orsomething....that way they'll know what that means and I can get em tome and scoop em up quicker!

so HOW did you accomplish this? Right, rewardingis good :p but how did they finally not mind the tug in the firstplace? Or maybe they didn't care! Toffee seriouslyfreaks out. I think she's a control freak. :cool:

I have one of the extending leashes so thatfreddy can run around my backyard, but most of the time he just sitsthere and eats the grass. youd think hed want to go crazy and run, butno he just wants to be fat and eat.....even at the park when the geesestarted coming by him he just sat there and ate

For the most part they really didn't care...Ididn't do that right away..took em out a few times first...they quicklyassociated the harness with going outside=fun!!! I just giveem a slight tug so they wouldn't freak...tell em what GOOD bunnies theyare when they did what I wanted...was actually pretty easy! I haven'tdone this yet with the 2 females, but both males are trained real wellon the harness.

Latest posts

Back