Hard, Dark, and Very Small

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is starting to have wheezes and it sounds like something is clogged up her nose. I want to take her to the vet, but I just want to know approximately how much it would cost for a visit and treatment?

It really sounds like she needs to get to a vet. The sooner the better.

Cost of vets can differ depending on the vet. I suggest calling the closest 3 and get an approximate price on an office visit and treatment.

My vet charges $40 for a visit/exam.
A shot of antibiotics runs $30 - $50 (depending on the drugs used)
X-rays (if needed) run about $75.
And they usually want to do a followup in 7 - 10 days.

I'd plan on $100 - $200.

Hi guys! I'm still alive! Just caught up in a few things recently. I took her to the vet, and they said it might just be an allergy. Because apparently she(Sky, my bunny) was still very energetic, had no weird discharge from her eyes and her poop was very healthy also.

Now here is my question, do rabbits have allergies? How is that even possible? And how do I know what she is allergic to?

* I will post a picture of how happy and healthy she is tomorrow! :)

Watermelons wrote:
Yes bunnys can have allergies. However with the amount of discharge shes producing, this was causing me to lean more towards some type of infection. Just like people, they can still be active while trying to fight a cold. They dont necessarily need eye problems to have an RI.
Here are some good topics to read.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=16807&forum_id=10
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12016&forum_id=10

This is a lot to read! But I'm still working on it! Thanks for the info =)

Watermelons wrote:
Yes bunnys can have allergies. However with the amount of discharge shes producing, this was causing me to lean more towards some type of infection. Just like people, they can still be active while trying to fight a cold. They dont necessarily need eye problems to have an RI.
Here are some good topics to read.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=16807&forum_id=10
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12016&forum_id=10

This is a lot to read! But I'm still working on it! Thanks for the info =)

Here she is! Sorry it took so long to post her pics!
rkwox4.jpg

I have another question. Around a week ago I began to notice that her right foot was a bit weird. And so I started observing very carefully everyday, and TODAY, she CANNOT use her right foot at all.

Now, this didn't happen overnight, and she couldn't have hurt herself either, her cage is solid ground, I've never picked her up. This happened GRADUALLY.

I'm so lost about what to do, I wanna cry as I type this, it just looks so sad...she's just walking around with her left foot...

Watermelons wrote:
Can you provide us with a nice clear photo?
What do you mean by "weird"?
Was it normal like her left last week? Whats changing?

How is her nose and sneezing?

Her nose and sneezing have stopped completely =)
Weird as in, it's like paralyzed or something..it's just hanging there, she's draggin it when she walks.
Nothing has changed other than her right foot looks like its dead...I tried to gently squeeze it, gave it a nudge, and she seems to feel nothing at all!

She doesn't grind her teeth, so I don't think she's feeling any pain. And she still does those half binkies where her head kinda twitches and she eats, poops, pees normal.

What could be wrong with her?

Nothing about the foot looks abnormal?
Can you find a pin and give her a little poke with it on the top of her foot and on the bottom. Is there any reaction or reflex? How far up the leg can you poke before she feels it?
Shes a white bunny so I will assume white nails, what colour is the kwik in her nails on the bad foot? Is it still a nice red colour? Or has it gone a lighter colour?

She needs to go to a vet.... Again.

Hi I just read all of this I hope she is ok. It would be best to take her to the vet straight away because a dead foot is very abnormal. There are many reasons she could have this problem but I can't really shed any light I'm afraid. I am happy her sneezing is better, if she starts again though I would take her straight back to the vet, or possibly even a different vet.

Let us know how she is going :)

I apologize for not being able to update yet. Her vet won't be available until Monday. Meanwhile I'm just playing with her and keeping her happy, which seems to be working great.

As for the dead foot, I tried poking it with a pin and @watermelon, it seems like she can't feel a thing ;(
But I know that blood is still going through it because the foot is warm.
Has anyone ever experienced or heard of rabbits with dead legs?

Also, thank you everyone for the kind words. I'm still praying she'll get better...

I just read this thread first time. This rabbit has been sick all along. The discharge on the nostrils is NOT the food , creamy yellow pee is NOT normal. Paralysis of a limb can be caused by a parasite called ecuniculi althoughI am uncertain whether that is what the problem is.
You need a good vet and not just a "run of themill " dog and cat and occasional rabbit vet but a vet who really knows rabbit medicine.
I would get her to a vet ASAP

Some members suggestions from your city

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12669&forum_id=9

bunnybeliever wrote:
She's all better now. She has made progress using her right foot. Thanks again everyone. And good news good news! I'm getting her a friend tomorrow! =)
Now is not the time to get another rabbit ; you will just expose the new bunny to an undiagnosed illness
Sorry !

angieluv wrote:
bunnybeliever wrote:
She's all better now. She has made progress using her right foot. Thanks again everyone. And good news good news! I'm getting her a friend tomorrow! =)
Now is not the time to get another rabbit ; you will just expose the new bunny to an undiagnosed illness
Sorry !

I know, they're separated for now. :)

Hi Everyone, I'm still alive! I've just been VERY busy with schoolwork...sigh, can't wait for spring break to come!!

Anyway, Yesterday, I noticed this on my bunny's hind limb.
What is this? This is the one that couldn't properly use her right hind limb.
qohiq0.jpg

and also this one:
http://tinypic.com/r/1ymkhx/5

Do I need to take her to the Vet...AGAIN? :(

Latest posts

Back