Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foo does the same thing! She eats her hay out of a kitten sized litter box. Its only for hay, she'll sit in it when shes eaten the hay down to only small piles in the corners and she'll look at me like "do you really expect me to put my face in the corner to get that? I don't think so." Sometimes she's a little snooty.
And its probably why she gets IN the refrigerator every time I open it, she knows thats where the food comes from and she'll get it herself if I won't get it for her.

Morgan--that's so funny that Foo gets IN the refrigerator! Scout used to try to do that. They definitely know where the food comes from...As a matter of fact, Harvey is sitting in his food box right now looking at me and saying "I think you misunderstood the experts...I'm supposed to get an unlimited supply of bananas and papaya treats."

O my, bunnies can be sooo much trouble. My rabbits have gotten in the habit of fighting with eachother if there is not food in their cage. It is full on fights with fur ripping and everything (of course when I am trying to go to sleep). Last night I decided to try something. I put some extra pellets in their dish and then took the hay out of the hay rack and put it on floor of the cage and on the shelf. They instantly started to eat the hay and I did not hear any fights after that. (I also forgot to give them veggies last night).

So my bunnies were DEMANDING food last night or all hell was going to break loose.

Wow Lauren do you think you figured out their fighting issues then? Food related?

Archie and Agnes were hidden in a storage room in our house because we had 17 people over for thanksgiving including a feisty little 5 year old girl who last year grabbed our goldfish out of their bowl last year and carried them around. Since I was going to be in the kitchen most of the day I knew I wouldn't be around to supervise the buns so I wanted them hidden. So my hubby and I moved their NIC condo into a back storage room. They were kept out of the chaos and noise.

After everyone left, we moved them back and they were back to free run, binkying away. I gave them some extra bananas and blueberry :)

Wow, what lucky buns you guys have! It sounds like they all enjoyed their treats :) Ever since I had two rabbits with GI stasis problems, I've been scared to death to feed my rabbits anything sweeter than a carrot. So my rabbits got green leaf lettuce, cilantro, and a little bit of carrot. It's a good thing they don't know the yummy treats other rabbits are getting or I'm sure I'd be in BIG trouble :) I also gave my babies a little spring of parsley for the first time. Toby snarfed it down. He's a chow hound, but the others weren't quite sure what to make of it, but they did eat it after lots of suspicious sniffing.

Lol, Brandy, I love that picture! Panda totally has the 'uh-oh, you caught me, I think I might be in trouble' look, and Bunnicula is 'don't look at me, I had nothing to do with this, it was all Panda's doing'. So cute!

Koda got a very special treat for Thanksgiving, He got a few thin slices of banana (maybe a tiny bit more than he should have eaten, but all well) topped with a little dollop of pumpkin! He ate the banana and not the pumpkin, hahaha. Happy Thanksgiving!

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back