Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katherine at sacred stories

Reaction score
Harvey and Halo are having cilantro, basil, spring greens, 2 thin banana slices, two papaya treats, rose petals and mint sprigs. Anyone else making special feasts for their bunnies?

:brownbunny:heartbeat::brownbunny

Harvey and Halo and Gracie (the Kittie) and I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving! We're grateful to have you in our lives!!! Love and Hugs!!!

mine got extra fruit yesterday to celebrate their 4-month "gotcha" anniversary, so they're getting the usual noms today :p

Sort of. lol. I'm leaving them alone for more than 24 hours(but less than 48) to spend time with my family(I did many searches on this forum for this topic before deciding to do it). Yesterday I may have gone a little hay happy. lol. I feel bad for leaving them, so I bought some sweet grass timothy hay and some boxes of hay with little treats in them. I also bought one of those new boxes of hay that you attach to the side that they have at petco. Oh, and an extra water bottle. I'm too paranoid. haha. They already have 2, so I doubt they'd empty either of them, but I have to make sure! haha

Oops. I just made a thread exactly like this one. Oh well! :)

If you read my thread you'll see i gave my bunnies a feast too! :)

Gracie is have red leaf lettuce, a little cilantro, green leaf lettuce, a piece of bana and a piece of apple and some fresh pumpkin. Happy thanksgiving everyone!!! I hope you all enjoy your day!

Mine will be getting their "turkey" feast tonight since I did not get any vegetables today (bad me!)... but I will make sure to make up for it. They get fed their veggies at night anyways.

We stole a cloth shopping bag while running around. Momma was taking a nap so we took it back to our house to nomm!
IMG_1687-1.jpg

My rabbits got 'tacos'. I took a large romaine heart, and, using it as the 'shell' put carrot peels and rabbit pellets in it, and gave each rabbit one of them! They went crazy! :)

I have not given any veggies yet but plan on it. I have turnip greens, celery, green leaf lettuce (they were out of romaine for them. We also have fruit salad that we made today and might give them some if every one thinks it would be ok to give a little. It has bananas, apples, oranges, pinaple, marashino cherries, caned peaches, caned pears, and caned fruit coctail. (just gave everybody a recipe there, it is REALLY good with some home made wipp cream). If that would not be good to give them I could cut up a banana or apple and share it with them. Their normal veggie amount is HUGE as it is.

Mommy had one of her friends and one of her students here to take them to the dinner they were going to go to, and she was making salsa. I was getting little bites of the cilantro. And mommy's friend gave me lots of oats.

And yesterday, I got some pumpkin! I love pumpkin!

Thanks, everyone! Lots of lucky bunnies have a lot to be thankful for:) Hope you and your bunnies' had a great day! My bunnies had a good time but my kittie, Gracie, got in a little trouble. She jumped on the stove and got into the turkey, spilled the gravy, got her paws in the potatoes! Luckily, everything was cool so she didn't get hurt. She got her traditional turkey plate but that wasn't enough this year;) Cat gone wild!

I love your "taco" idea, Christine. Lucky bunnies!

Brandy, oh dear, he stole and ate aBAG. The holidays can be very difficult...many turn to crime;)Poor Panda...he looks like he's in jail but not sorry for his actions...just a matter of time before his next caper. Very smart bunny. LOL.

Rachael, how did your bunnies like the fresh pumpkin? I have to try that.

Katherine- the green material he is sitting on is the remains of the bag, he clearly is not remorseful for his actions or leading innocent Bunnicula into trouble. I'm sure he is plotting his next round of naughtyness. I keep threatning him with being stew, but he just won't believe me, he gives me a nose bonk and I melt, no more anger. You would think the kids were starving the way they get into things LOL

All of my kids LOVE canned pumpkin. They get it about once a month in a dish, that way if I ever have to feed it to them when they are sick it is not a novel food, they hate new foods. Just be sure to get 100% pumpkin and not the kind with spices in it for pies.

All of my critters got a special meal for the holiday- birds got extra millet sprigs and chopped greens, gerbil got greens and a fresh cranberry, turtles and rabbits got a salad of mixed baby greens, dandelions, and red kayle. carrot slivers, sweet peppers, green beans, squash, strawberries, cranberries, banana, and a drizel of apple oat baby food for dressing. The turtles got meal worms on top as well. nommm nommm nommm nommm

yes Panda and Bunnicula got their salad even with being so naughty. They better watch out though, santa is watching!

Foo got a super large salad right before we ate our dinner. Hid under her blanket the whole time I was cooking because she doesn't like meat smell. Once I was done, she came out and looked at me like "hey, where's mine?!" So she got an extra large salad of green leaf, romaine, almost the entire bunch of cilantro, a few little broccoli leaves, 2 papaya bites, and a large handful of her hay mix.
She was a very happy bun! She ate then went into a food coma like the rest of us!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Morgan--my bunnies definitely didn't like the smell of the turkey either. But they, too, approved of the whole feast idea:) Your bunny feast sounds wonderful.

Brandy--I love your bunny feast menu. Gives me ideas for the future. Yum!!! I know they and all your animals were very happy with their dinners.

I'm sure you're right. Panda has no plans for going straight any time soon. Who could stay angry at him, though. Nose bonks heal all and look at that face.

Rabbits always act like they haven't eaten in weeks, don't they? I think that's why it's so hard not to overfeed them. They're so good at acting starved;)

I've got to remember to buy extra pumpkin cans so I can start trying it with Harvey and Halo.

You are so right! My rabbits act as though they've never tasted food before, yet they are fed generously every day! :)

Christina--That's how they are, lol. And that forlorn look they give you when they're sitting by their empty food bowl and it's not yet meal time...not forlorn, exactly...more a mix of forlorn and COMMANDING, unique to rabbits. Expectant and somewhat concerned:) "Have you FORGOTTEN something?", building to, "Where was it you got the idea that I should only get 1/8 cup of pellets a day? I think you put too much stock in those EXPERTS. Can't you see I'm about to faint from hunger?"

:agree:

Latest posts

Back