Hamsters anyone?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownies

Reaction score
Hey!!! So I'm just wondering if anyone has hamsters? I had a hamster, she passed in march due to dehydration. I plan on getting another. Do you have any hamsters?

I find them to be mean.

Some can be, but that would be due to lack of handling on the owners' part, not that they're naturally a mean animal. But think of it this way, little rodents like that have poor eyesight but very good sense of smell. If something strange smelling comes near them or they feel threatened, they have only their mouths to investigate further, or defend themselves with. A lot of people misunderstand them because of that.

I've had 4 Roborovskis and a Russian. They were all very sweet natured but nervy. I'm not sure I'd ever have any more as pets.

most hams are mean when they are alone and not able to breed. all 20 of my hams are friendly. and they only get held once a week for cleaning.

most hams are mean when they are alone and not able to breed. all 20 of my hams are friendly. and they only get held once a week for cleaning.

Actually, many things can go wrong if you breed them, breeding them makes them meaner if you do it wrong. They aren't all mean at first. It depends on personality.... Honestly, taming really helps and hamsters are supposed to have some time out f their cage. Out of curiosity, what bedding do you use for that many hamsters?

For anyone willing to learn more about hamsters;
Hamster hideout forum is great :)

i use kitty litter and Aspen. the cat litter helps keep the smell down.

i use kitty litter and Aspen. the cat litter helps keep the smell down.

I use aspen too :)

also hamsters don't like breeding.... :) I understand if your a breeder, but I don't think breeding hamsters because it feels good is a good reason... Thanks for listening to me ramble.

I had 32 hamsters hehe.
One of them was a slightly retarded runt. I had to hand feed him, and feed him water from a tiny tiny spoon. His mother tried to kill him when he was almost an adult. I rescued him, and the mother hated me ever since.

Latest posts

Back