Had to Buy Lewis a Girlfriend...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumLumPop

Reaction score
So Lewis has reached that annoying age where he wants to hump anything near his size. It got to the point where he tried humping his old childhood playmate my kitty Tommy. So unfortunately their "brotherhood" has come to a sad end :(.

Anyway,I got so sick of it. My Dad isn't willing to pay for Lewis to gt neutred so for now I had to dig in an old bag of stuffed animals and pull out this fluffy punk bunny a little smaller than he is. So yes...he now has a girlfriend...

Any suggestions on what to do with my adorable bag of hormones?

He probably won't stop humping any time soon. Some bucks will calm down, but that might be around 2-3 years old. Neutering does help and can be more effective if it is done sooner rather than later.

Providing him with safe toys does help. You can redirect him if he tries to hump you or something you don't want him humping. Just gently push him off you and tell him 'no', you can give him something more appropriate to hump.

He may start spraying as well. Be prepared to clean a lot and even put something around his cage to help contain it. Not all bucks will spray, but it can get pretty nasty if they do.

If you do want to get him neutered, see if there are any low cost options. Also call a few vets to get price options, ask about exam fees and pain medication as well so you have the full cost. If your parents are willing to drive a bit, call in nearby cities as well as costs can be lower outside the big cities. Try to save up the money. Christmas is coming up, so you could ask for money to put toward the neuter instead of gifts. Doing odd jobs or what ever you can for money can help.

I'm not very worried about spraying,unfortunately he is annoyingly neat. I would hope that he'd start thoug. Spraying is what made my Dad agree with neutering Clark...

So far,the humping has been directed towards thing near his size,he still nips at my jeans and kisses my nose like he always has. He isn't even being aggressive which is surprising!

I don't find intact bucks to be people aggressive. Some can be aggressive to other rabbits, especially around their cage, but they are usually good with people. Some can get aggressive, but it is more intact does that can be an problem in that way.

Wow,I always pictured it the other way around! Yea,Lewis and Clark have never been compatible. So they're kept separate. However the both seem aggressive towards each other in different situations. Clark gets aggressive when Lewis comes near his cage and vice versa.

Latest posts

Back