Gut stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the sludge: we did repeat x-rays 2 weeks ago and there was a small amount of sludge, the vet felt that it may have been a small amount left over from the operation. We also tested the ph level and it was slightly elevated.
We continue to monitor her urine ph every few weeks. X-rays we will continue every few months. Luckily she’s really well behaved so we can just do conscious x-rays.

With vegetables i grow a lot of my own veggies – silver beet, spinach, beetroot, broccoli etc of which she’s eaten most she has a tendency of breaking into my vegetable garden and wreaking havoc !!
All garden plants are safe for her I’ve made sure of that.
In the past she would get silver beet, spinach, Bok Choy and other asian greens, occasional carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, beetroot leaves (of which she stole!), apple, basil, parsley, coriander, oregano, marjoram and anything else i came across.

I did catch her drinking yesterday! I never see her drink so it was worrying me!!!

I’ve managed to contact Oxbow and will be getting the following sent over:
Western Timothy hay
Hay Cakes
Orchard Grass Hay
Plus i have the oaten hay from here. With pellets ive cut them out as the quality here is non existent, they’re by all reports not even rabbit pellets, apparently chicken! So i just don’t see the point.

It's such a learning curve atm, just trying to find out as much info as I can and adapt that knowledge to work for us. Thanks for all the ongoing advice and support it’s really important to have somewhere you can come to discuss these sorts of matters, I really appreciate it!

I'm pretty sure in Australia we dont get timothy hay, we only get meadow hay, but apparently its fine for Rabbits!

Meadow hay should be similar to timothy in nutrition. Oat hay is also very good. I worry sometimes about bunnies who get sludge and aren't on even a tiny bit of pellets. I know you can do fine without them, but I like to give at least a little just to make sure they get those nutrients.

Hey i dont where you guys live but i live in new south wales and i can get multiply types of grass hays. My school has about 5 types for their horse. Also have use tried a pet produce shop, or a farm supply shop. My pet store provides me with Lucerne. And their are plenty of stables around all over australia if you email the closest one ask them where they get their supply of grass hays from and they should give you their number. I dont understand their is a large quantity of hay in australia.

Latest posts

Back