Growling (honking?)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, yes. Gus is a good jumper. He has no trouble jumping on and off the couch, chairs, into his cage (which is about 18" off the floor), etc.

When I mentioned yesterday that I had to keep picking him up because he'd been jumping upwhere he shouldn't (and then wouldn't come down!), well, he'd been hopping up onto thestack of binswhere his food is kept--that's a good30" off the ground! :shock:

I'm planning to start him off with just lying a pole on the ground for himto go over (sorta like they do with horses), then once he's comfortably going over the pole (or even a set of poles), then I'll give him a small jump to go over. Then start raising the bar.See how high he can go! :)

I think it'd be a lot of fun to get to the point of doing full on obstacle courses with tunnels,ramps, jumps, teeter-totters, hoops, etc.

But I'll try not toget ahead of myself. ;)

Rue

Sounds like he'd be a great jumper then! 30" is pretty good. Otto won't even jump on the couch :-( and can be contained with a fence made of 1 NIC panel high. Haha. He's a bunny wuss.

I already had tunnels, so I started with those, but I think it would be so fun to get some more agility equipment. I found a good model for building a dog agility jump with PVC pipes (you basically use the connectors they already make for PVC pipes to put it together, so no tools are required) and I could scale it down for a bunny. Just gotta get up the motivation to get the supplies.

A hoop would be fun. Do your kids have hula hoops? Do kids even play with those anymore? Haha. That would be pretty easy to hold up by hand as a hoop jump.

My newest trick for Otto is going to be jumping in a basket and letting me transport him with it. He currently uses his cardboard house in this way, and I can carry him around the house in it. The only problem is that it's impossible to get him out of it if he doesn't want to come out. So I bought a basket at a craft store today and I'm going to teach him to jump into that and let me carry him around the house. I want to try bonding him with a friend and I need a way to get him to the bathroom for bonding, so hopefully this works.

I love the idea of a bunny in a basket!

My kids don't play with hula hoops since they're boys, but I know they still sell them. Either that, or you could probably build something out of some plastic tubing or somesuch.

I started a new thread (since the original topic seems to be resolved now! :)), and would love to carry on the discussion there:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=55976&forum_id=48

Rue

Latest posts

Back