Grooming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetnottin

Reaction score
I have a Netherland Dwarf. He is my first bunny so I was wondering about grooming. How and when should I groom him?? Do I give him baths??

Hey there! Congratulations :). Rabbits are magnificent little creatures. I am still amazed by how spunky,intelligent and fun they are to be around!

You can groom your bunny witha brush every few days when he isn't in a moult. The general every day petting helps a lot:).Wetting your hands slightly and just petting him helps to remove fur as well. When he is shedding and loosing fur, you need to brush him every day to prevent him from ingesting too much fur.

Rabbits are very clean little animals and generally don't need baths. A rabbit should never have a full bath as it can send them into shock and they loose the natural oils in their coats. If the rabbit does become dirty or has a messy butt, you can give him butt baths.

Here's more about butt baths just for future reference. :)

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/buttbath.html

Take a peek at the Bunny 101 section. It is really helpful! Enjoy your new bunny. It's fun to learn about rabbits! :D

Latest posts

Back