Grooming Suggestions??? Allergies Out of Control!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Wrider

Reaction score
My lovely Florida White, Quinn, has graced me with an intense shed coming out of this winter. Her carpets get absolutely COVERED in fur, and picking her up is like signing a death warrant for my nose. I try to brush her with the HairBuster comb I bought on recommendation from the local HRS, but it's more for undercoat shedding it seems. I've resorted to using a lint roller on her to get all the loose hairs, and even that isn't making the dent I need.

Any recommendations? Is there some sort of handheld pet vacuum that works with bunnies? Desperately need a solution that doesn't involve Benadryl and a four hour nap!

I use so many brushes with Theo because his rex fur just doesn't come off easily with a normal brush. I use the Furminator for undercoat shedding and a rubber curry comb (misted with water) for all the extra pieces that make him look like a porcupine. I highly suggest the rubber curry comb to you since you already have the HairBuster. You could also try misting your hands with water and plucking the loose fur. It takes a while, but it is overall the best method for getting lots of fur.
I also have a handheld cordless vacuum that works really well for getting rabbit fur off of Theo's rug. I have tried to vacuum him before, but he was not very happy with me so we didn't try that again 😂

Back