grass

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosalie

Reaction score
I'm building an outdoor play area for the rabbits and I am going to plant some grass and I was wondering what type of grass would be good for the bunnies I live in Mississippi not sure if that affects the type of grass but anyways yeah any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I'm building an outdoor play area for the rabbits and I am going to plant some grass and I was wondering what type of grass would be good for the bunnies I live in Mississippi not sure if that affects the type of grass but anyways yeah any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
---herbivores are strictly grass eaters for teeth and gi tract-reasons,,--i spent 3 years in tennessee-(outside of memphis)--your idea sounds practicle however grasses won,t be all that grows,--we use to have involuntary plants,,onions,etc.,,--i strongly suggest feeding the rabbits known grasses/plants--and here is a link for plants http://www.medirabbit.com sincerely james waller--:happyrabbit::duck::idea

Hello :).
Bermudagrass is a common turfgrass used in your area. Safe for bunnies, and tough as nails! Meaning drought tolerant, and soil type tolerant. Do you currently have an established grass area? It may likely be bermudagrass. You just need to make sure if you get seed that it hasn't been treated with fungicides or any quick start fertilizers or herbicides. You want just plain old seed.
If you're starting from bare soil I'd remove the top couple of inches of soil and fill it with organic compost. Then do your seeding. I know it's a bit of work but it's worth it (unless you're talking about a large area). This will create a much healthier grass base for the massive chomping that's going to go down, lol. You can overseed as necessary to keep it thick (if you even need to once its established).

*Warning! Bermudagrass is aggressive once established, spreads quickly, and will invade wherever it wants (by crawling, not seeding itself) But if you keep those bunnies munching you shouldn't have a problem. Hope that helps :biggrin2:

Back