Grape Nuts?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becknutt

Reaction score
Last night Robert gave the buns each a couple of pieces of GrapeNuts cereal and it was like bunny crack! They were attacking him to get some more. He only gave them 5-6 little pieces each and they went crazy! From the ingrediants it looks ok, alot of grains. They are high in carb though. Anyone elses buns like these?I wish I wouldn't have already packed the camera, it was so funny to see them trying to get in his cereal bowl! (Which I should mention is a medium sized mixing bowl...he likes cereal. lol) When he finished and put the empty bowl down Floppy gave him the dirtiest look, "Youdidn't save me ANY"

LOL!

What are grapenuts? WHat kind of grain?

I could see Bo going for those! He loves Wheaties, cheerios and shredded wheat. He doesn't get them often but a flake now and then.

Yeah, Pipp has the same reaction to rolled oats, but they almost killed her.

She broke into the oat drawer and got into the bag... she didn't even eat all that many, but she went into cecal dysbiosis -- when the gut bacterial balance is thrown seriously out ofwhack --and that's been the closest I've come to losing a bunny (other than Jordan).

She complicates things by not being a hayeater.

Days of Sub Qs andCritical Care... and a little pumpkin. Couldn't do much else.

She's still totally wired to oats.

sas :?

I don't know what they are exactally..lol but it's a type of cereal. The pieces are not like regular cereal, they are little tiny crumbles.

Ingredients: WHOLE GRAIN WHEAT FLOUR, WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, SALT, DRIED YEAST, SOY LECITHIN. VITAMINS AND MINERALS: REDUCED IRON, NIACINAMIDE, ZINC OXIDE (SOURCE OF ZINC), VITAMIN B6, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), THIAMIN MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B12, VITAMIN D.

phc_f1.jpg
pre458.jpg

"Neither grapes nor nuts have ever been ingredients in the cereal."

wheat and barley! Oh yeah, gotta try Bo on those LOL! he'd love them. I've had them before but it's been a long time. they're good :)

Dumbo and Latte looooove cereal everytime i pour myself a bowl i give them a piece and they keep coming back for more...and i feel guilty for admitting this but latte looves chips....I KNOW its extremely bad for them i only do it once in a while cause both my rabbits recognise the rustling of a bag of chips and they come running over begging for a tiny piece.. =P

It's so funny to me that some rabbits eat chips, fries, PIZZA!!

All of mine do this twitchy head thing if we even let them smell a cracker! Bo will officially murderize a strawberry even!

Floppy is a junkie he will eat just about any cracker. He LOVES cheezits, even got into cheetos once. Guess he has a thing for cheese flavor. He's also had such horrible things as gummy bears. (My husband is worse than a child.)

Ruby on the other hand, won't touch most things like that. She likes the little pretzl sticks, chex, and a few other cereals butshe would ratherhavea piece of cherrytomato which Floppy won't touch. So I guess they all have their own tastes.

Neither of mine will go near frys but if they see you eating something you darn well better at least let them inspect it or your in big trouble!

Mine thump at us if we offer crackers, and we giggle cause of it. Lexi offered Bo some yogurt the other day...... omg he was SO mad!

I offered Tony a bite of graham cracker last night and he buried his head under my chin! :p

Latest posts

Back