Going to hospital tomorrow- wish me luck!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NorthernAutumn wrote:
I'll be thinking of ya, Jen... Don't Bite the Dentist!
i bit the dentist before... well it was the orthadontist.
:shock: :twitch:

hope you feel better jen

Ow ow ow ow ow and ow

I have had all the painkillers I can have and still in agony. Staying in tonight. Only went into theatre at 4pm so very dehydrated!

Steve has been amazing. I'll get him to update prioper

Can't stop crying, hurts too much :(

Awwh Jen :(

*hugs* but think about it this way after this few days/hours whatever...no more pain!! wooo!!

*hugs* just think about those bunnies at home waiting for you and Dotty to give you big kisses.. :)

Quick update as been up forever, and exhausted!

After 7 hours waiting around Jen had her op - teeth removed all fine.
Nurses / Docs are being quite mean on the painkillers and there were a couple of really uncomfortable hours for Jen where she was in agony to the extent she couldn't stop crying.

She's a lot more comfortable now and hopefully coming home in the morning.

mouse_chalk wrote:
Ow ow ow ow ow and ow

I have had all the painkillers I can have and still in agony. Staying in tonight. Only went into theatre at 4pm so very dehydrated!

Steve has been amazing. I'll get him to update prioper

Can't stop crying, hurts too much :(

Poor girl. It sounds like those teeth were really causing trouble for her if she was in that much pain! I hope she gets plenty of benefits from having them removed. Send her gentle hugs from all of us!

Thank you for the gentle hugs! And thanks everyone for thinking of me :)

I'm home now, got back about 40mins ago.

I am on LOTS of drugs. Finally got the pain under control last night at 9pm when they gave me Tramadol which is now my best friend. Had some more at 4am and some more just now.

In recovery I had fentanyl, stupid amount of, IV paracetamol, codiene, and then ibuprofen back on the ward. None of that even touched it. I was near screaming in agony in recovery and spent about 3 hours crying just from the sheer pain. I don't know if I'm maybe just the biggest wuss or it was abnormally rough for me but boy, that was horrid.

I still can't open my mouth more than the teeniest bit- drinking through a straw (last night I couldn't even suck up water lol) so don't know how I'll manage to eat the soup with a spoon- that might be a straw affair too! I ate a yoghurt late last night after the tramadol kicked in and got it absolutely everywhere because I couldn't fit the spoon in my mouth lol.

OUUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHH!!!!

On the bright side- the ward they ended up putting me on was Neurosurgery- the same one my mum works on! She wasn't in, but one mention of her name as being my mum and I was v.popular- all the nurses kept coming over to say hello to 'Hilary's daughter' lol.

Going to wait for Tramadol to kick in as it's really really sore now..... And I haven't slept a wink either :expressionless

Aw Jen definitely sounds like you didn't have a nice time. Sorry you've been in so much pain. At least it should heal up pretty soon, unlike your pilonidal cysts. The bunnies send you hugs!

:bunnyhug:hope your feeling better. can sympathise with you - if i had known what trouble my wisdom teeth were going to be i would have had them removed years ago:rollseyes

Jen, you might double check but here it is recommended not to use straws after this sort of surgery. It can lead to dry socket... and that is the worst pain ever!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Jen, you might double check but here it is recommended not to use straws after this sort of surgery. It can lead to dry socket... and that is the worst pain ever!
Really? They gave me a straw in the hospital!

Do you still get dry socket even with stitches? I have lots of stitches. On one side, they run down along the gum of my other bottom teeth as well so that one must have been a pain to get out :shock:

I am drinking out of a glass now though. But I'll have to use a straw for the soup, or a mug or something because I can't fit a spoon in my mouth! :cry1:

mouse_chalk wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Really? They gave me a straw in the hospital!

Do you still get dry socket even with stitches? I have lots of stitches. On one side, they run down along the gum of my other bottom teeth as well so that one must have been a pain to get out :shock:

I am drinking out of a glass now though. But I'll have to use a straw for the soup, or a mug or something because I can't fit a spoon in my mouth! :cry1:

DON'T USE A STRAW

Dry sockets are the worst I saw my older sister get one she was in pain for a week in a half. Go buy some icecream and milk and milk shake it up. I lived off milk shakes for 3 day after my wisdom teeth. you look like a chip munk I did at least a very hungry chipmunk.

Yes the scab that have formed in your mouth over the stitches. If your drink out of a straw it will pull them out thats then forms the dry sockets.

I couldnt get the soup up the straw anyway. I can just about drink water from a glass but anything else is out the question.

I did drink a milkshake earlier (well, some of one) but then I felt very very sick so I'm currently sat with a bowl next to me praying I don't throw up because that would be hideously painful :expressionless:nerves1

And all the anaesthetic has worn off around my face except for one bit of my bottom lip and my chin underneath it. Strange...

weird to be honest by day two like tomorrow for you I did not need the pain killers any more And I only took the morning one for today.

But to me the pain was in the swelling not the issision site I had four stitches on each side on the bottom. The top was easy I did not even need anything for those only the bottom hurt.

I did not hurt that bad after the swelling was done. But I would rather deal with pain then takes meds. My mother and father are recovering addicts so I take as few meds as possible and only drink once in a while.

Because I've had 7 surgeries for a pilonidal cyst in the past, they never gave me strong enough pain killers for them, and they were always horrible nasty ops. So I ended up taking the co-codamol and fairly mild painkillers for longer trying to get over the pain after each one, and now those drugs do nothing for me. For really bad pain, Tramadol does it for me, and is the only thing that pain doesn't laugh in the face of for me. Obviously for minor stuff like headaches etc I can take paracetomol or ibuprofen and that's fine, but for the bigger stuff like this. They wouldn't give it to me last year after my big op because they worried it was addictive, so I went to my GP and he prescribed it. It made me angry, because I didn't want loads and loads of it just to get off my face, I just wanted some decent pain relief! I've been left to suffer in pain too many times before and I just wont do it now. There's no point suffering! I'm careful to only take what I need and for no longer than I absolutely need it, because I don't want to reduce how effective it is.

When I had my top one done I don't think I even took anything. It was completely fine and I was barely in any discomfort at all. Eating crispy noodles that night! This though is a totally different story, except I am craving noodles for some strange reason :p

Back