Going to hospital tomorrow- wish me luck!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
I've only been waiting since December! But the day has finally come! Almost....

I'm going into the hospital tomorrow to have my wisdom teeth removed. I'm having it done under general anaesthetic, which was recommended to me because they aren't through yet, but are impacting, and apparently it would be a very unpleasant and painful experience if I went for the local option. Didn't need to tell me twice!

I was originally going to be done as a day case, on the 1st April, but about 4 days before, the aneasthetist scheduled to me freaked out about my number of previous surgeries and decided I'd have to be admitted as a precaution. This made me a little angry to say the least! Wisdom teeth removal is quite a routine minor procedure, no? Last year they admitted me to daycase to have a big abscess on my back(side, lol) excised and drained and sent me home the same day, in agony!

Anyway, so I have to go in at 7.30am tomorrow, and wait for them to find me a bed. It's entirely possible they'll send me home the same day but it's also possible that they wont get round to me until very late in the day, so they might keep me in if that happens. All they could tell me at my pre-op the other day was 'we wont send you home until the bleeding has stopped'. Nice!

I'm making a big batch of carrot and roast butternut squash soup today so if I can't chew afterwards I still have something nice to eat.

I had my upper wisdom tooth out couple of years ago and I was eating Chinese takeaway- crispy noodles that same night! I was told this would be a very different scenario though? :?

So, wish me luck! I'm not scared of the general anaesthetic.... much..... I've had many of them before. I am scared of the pain afterwards! Very glad I'll be blissfully unaware while it's all going on. :biggrin2:

mardigraskisses wrote:
:big kiss: Good luck! I love anesthesia as strange as that sounds. :shock:
Thank you!

I must admit, I don't love it, but it is strange. I can never get my head around how you close your eyes, and wake up almost immediately afterwards- well to you anyway, but time has passed. Very strange! I normally get totally crazy when I wake up and ask the nurses the same question about 5 times until they get annoyed at me LOL. Last time I woke up crying for some reason :expressionless

I don't hate it, but it usually comes along with pain, which isn't nice lol...

[align=center]GOOD LUCK[/align]
[align=center]:thumbup:pink iris::thumbup:pink iris:[/align]
[align=center]:goodluck[/align]
[align=center]:nurse:[/align]
[align=center]:mrsthumper: [/align]
[align=center]Love Beccaaaa ~ :hearts[/align]

They'll likely give you some good medicine for the pain and it won't be bad. Your back(side) abscess was probably like 1000 time worse than getting the teeth done.

I think you might find your dizziness and stuff goes away once those are out. They could be affecting your ears which of course affect your balance.

Good luck, big hugs, tell Steve to inform us how you're doing!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
They'll likely give you some good medicine for the pain and it won't be bad. Your back(side) abscess was probably like 1000 time worse than getting the teeth done.

I think you might find your dizziness and stuff goes away once those are out. They could be affecting your ears which of course affect your balance.

Good luck, big hugs, tell Steve to inform us how you're doing!
I seriously hope they will give me some good stuff lol! If not, I have some tramadol stashed away somewhere from my ops last year... :twitch::coolness:

And yeah, that was waaaay worse than I expect this to be tomorrow, which is why I thought it strange that they seem more concerned about me this time lol...

See, I thought that about the dizziness as well, being that it's all close-ish together, but the doctors I've mentioned it to say not :expressionless I guess I'll find out after tomorrow!

Thank you! I will do! He's taking me in and will probably stay with me until I go down, and then dash out to do a bunny-veg run lol, and then come back to either pick me up or hold my hand through the pain! I shall make sure he posts if I can't get on sneakily on my iPhone, or they have these crazy TV/phone/radio/computer screens above the bed in some wards that you pay £5 for and can use for the whole day or something. :D

Anyone want some soup? I have enough for about 200 people!

mouse_chalk wrote:
mardigraskisses wrote:
:big kiss: Good luck! I love anesthesia as strange as that sounds. :shock:
Thank you!

I must admit, I don't love it, but it is strange. I can never get my head around how you close your eyes, and wake up almost immediately afterwards- well to you anyway, but time has passed. Very strange! I normally get totally crazy when I wake up and ask the nurses the same question about 5 times until they get annoyed at me LOL. Last time I woke up crying for some reason :expressionless

I don't hate it, but it usually comes along with pain, which isn't nice lol...

My dentists make sure I am good and drugged up because I have major panic attacks in hospitals. Laughing gas always makes me feel like I'm on the verge of an attack, but they stick me with an IV full of feel good juice and I'm out in like, 10 seconds. XD

My dad says the last few times I've teeth pulled the nurses kept having to hold me down so someone could get a wheel chair because I kept grabbing at the air and trying to sit up. :blushan:

And I just realized that when I talk about oral surgery I come off as a huge junky. I'm like, OOOH I LOVE THE DRUGS YAY. :craziness

-ahem-

Let's hope this time you have a cry free time!

I had my bottom wisdom teeth impacted. I had myne out young very young I was 12 or 13.

I went to a denist office and had a iv in my arm went home right after surgry.I was awake but did not feel a thing. The neds in the IV made me num. I remember feeling like I was hii. that was nice but I should not stop shaking the whole time. They asked ifI wanted to be knockedout I told them no. It did not hurt until the meds war off and the swelling started the next day i wanted to go to school but my mom would not let me.

The surgry site itself did not hurt my jaw did wear the sweeling was. I had top and botum removed it took about a hour. The bottum one they had to saw in fours to get out cause they turn out like they where growing towards my other teeth.

I had my surgry at 9 am and by 6 pm I was fine it took 3 doses of the pain killers for them to work but the 6 pm dose was wonderful I spent the next three day eating icecream shakes dont drink out of a straw.

And put the ice on your jaw it self not over your cheeks your jaw will do the sweelling.

Yay drugs, I like drugs!

Bunch of anesthesia addicts on here :biggrin2:

I had Tylenol 3s after my wisdom teeth came out, and I was good and high for a week.
You may want to keep some dried cloves handy... they seem to dull the pain when clenched in the teeth (for what reason, I dunno... but it worked :) )

I'll be thinking of ya, Jen... Don't Bite the Dentist!

Thanks guys!!

When I had my one upper wisdom tooth out about 3 years ago (gosh I thought it was only 2 before!) I went to a private clinic so I could have sedation and my best friend came with me because Steve was working. I vaguely remember sitting up in the chair afterwards as I was coming round shouting that they had to give me more aneasthetic because it hadn't worked, and they were trying to tell me that it was already done! Then I was sat in the waiting room talking absolute rubbish to the man on the other side of the room, who had also just come round from sedation so was talking absolute rubbish back! My kind friend videoed me babbling away, and then even more kindly went to the pub that evening and showed all our friends! :grumpy:

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Could we convince you to post it on Youtube?:D
Lol! I don't actually have the video.... Although she may have posted it on her MySpace page at the time, since it was all the rage with my group back then... I'll have a looksee!

mouse_chalk wrote:
NorthernAutumn wrote:
Could we convince you to post it on Youtube?:D
Lol! I don't actually have the video.... Although she may have posted it on her MySpace page at the time, since it was all the rage with my group back then... I'll have a looksee!

Sadly, I can't find it. It was never posted on Myspace I don't think. Sorry!

Such a shame.... I'm so gutted and disappointed that you guys don't get to see it..... :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

I'm officially nil by mouth from midnight- 9 minutes ago. Thirsty already! :p

Woot! I think you will be glad to get rid of those pesky infections. To be honest, I find the infections to be worse (more painful) than the actual wisdom teeth removal (probably because of the lovely pain meds they give you for recovery from extraction ;)).

I didn't find the pain to be bad at all. I had a prescription the equivalent of taking 3 Advil (600 mg ibuprofen) and it worked like a charm. The part that I hated, and the reason that I hesitate to go back to get my other two removed, is the laughing gas! I must have had a bad trip or something...and it made me really nauseous afterward. I'll take pain over nausea any day.

I think the decision to eat Chinese crispy noodles is one of bravery. With me, the pain meds took away all pain, but I was so paranoid that I would get food stuck in my open wounds that I stayed with mushy food. I'm sure I could have eaten crunchy stuff if I was more adventurous!

Good luck to you tomorrow! :)

Good luck - ice packs for your jaw and good soup and lots and lots of Dotty kisses and you will be fine....oh, and some pain meds would be good.

Denise

LOL about the sedation not working. It's like it happens so fast and it feels like you only blinked your eyes!

When they give you that and whatever else it is, you are just peachy and yak yak yak.... LOL

Latest posts

Back