Glad you're back, Carolyn!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, thanks BunnyMommy!

I was just asked to bunnysit another rabbit for a month. Ihad to say no.Tucker, Fauna, and I have to getsettled ourselves in the house. I really want to see if theycan be out together roaming around.

Thanks for being so kind.

How's the King doing? Is he still hiding? Did youfind out what the damage will be on your wallet to fix the televisioncord?

-Carolyn

Hey,Carolyn! My little royal hoodlum is doing justfine. He's in full swing "Honey Bun" mode rightnow. I can't turn for him ... soooo loving, sooooaffectionate (probably got an inkling that his happy home was injeopardy ... ;)... ).

Unfortunately, we did discover that inaddition to destroying the TV cables that he had also been working onone of our good sofas upstairs in the den.:X The sofa is skirted. It seems that while wethought he was napping behind it he's been doing his best to chew theskirt off back there!

I have to keep repeating to myself:

It's in a bunny's nature to chew ...

Can't wait to read the updates on howTucker and Fauna are bonding. Please keep us posted.:)

P.S.Fortunately, my husband has just electronics training to know how totroubleshoot the damage that was done, so we only had to pay the costof supplies. He was able to fix everything.

Sherman's TV privileges are still revokedfor the time being, but we've been watching it justfine. ;)

I'm guessing the rabbit stew threat didn't faze King Sherman one bit! Maybe you need to threaten with rabbit burgers, lol.

Dear BunnyMommy,

I'm so glad things worked out in the end an that you were able torepair the damage that was done relatively cheaply. I really wonderedhow that would go for you in the way of cost.

So it seems that Sherman was just checking to see if your husband wasreally paying attention in class or not. I knew there had to be a goodreason for it in the end. I guess Sherm figured that your husband hadtoo easy of a time fixing the one downstairs, so he thought he'd tryhis knowledge on the one in the den, ey? The skirt on the couch too?It's a good thing that he chose to trim the back of it.

Tonight was the first night I let Tucker and Fauna meet nose-to-nose.Tucker was very curious about her and definitely not in a bad way, butshe could've cared less. After all that pining over him this pastmonth, when she finally does have an opportunity to hang out with him,she's lost interest.

He'd run up to her and go as close as he could, but the minute she'dlook at him, he'd beat feet over to me. (She used to box and thump atCalbert and Missy so he probably didn't want to go there with her.)

Both have had access all night to the main living quarters in the houseand no problems. Not even close! She choses to stay in her cage for themost part. Her cage door has been open all night, but she only stayedout for about an hour and went back in. Tucker jumped into her cage tocheck on her at one point. It was cute.

She likes own 'room' (cage) and he likes his. They're not in love, butthey definitely seem to be friends, which is what I have wished for allalong.

-Carolyn

Oh, this is great news! Even iftheyjust simplyremain friends, that's more than wecould have hoped for. Glad to read that they're not boxing orfighting one another. I've read real horror stories of howbunnies who didn't like each other met.

Keep us updated! This is going to be a very interesting journey. :)

Carolyn, I think Iremember reading something that made me think there was a special storywith Fauna...Is that so? If so, would you enlightenme?

Raspberry

Thanks BunnyMommy, for sharing the excitement of Tucker and Fauna's meeting with me.

RasberrySwirl,

Fauna was purchased for a little girl of 10-years-old orsowho's mother was terminally ill. Sadly, themother passed away, but getting Fauna was one of the things she hadwanted to do for the little girl before she died. The littlegirl was happy to have the bunny, but was approximately 6 years old atthe time they got herand too young to really take care ofFauna's needs.

Fauna was basicallyneglected. She rarely was givenany attention, didn't know oftreats, hay, or toys, and wouldface the corner of the cage all day long. She was sociallycrippled. Being neighbors of Buck and the Mrs.,finally one day, the little girl's father approached them about 2months ago and asked if they could take Fauna. Not wantinganother rabbit, Mrs. Buck couldn't turn her back on Fauna because theyhad helped the family find her. Mrs. Buck took Fauna back andhad her for two weeks before they had to go on vacation.

I took care of two of their rabbits: Calbert and Missy, as well asFauna for the time they were gone. I was going to adoptCalbert, but Tucker and Calbert didn't do well together.Fauna made great strides with me in a short amount of time.There was one day where she and I took a nap together on the couch allcuddled up for about an hour. She'd wake up, look around, andput her head back down in my arms and fall back to sleep.She'd follow me around so closely when she was out, she might as wellhave been a bunny slipper.

Buck and the Mrs. agreed to letting me keep her instead of Calbert, andshe is blossoming. For the first 4.5 years of her life, shedidn't have hay, now she can't get enough of it. She lovesher stuffed lamb in her cage and tosses it around as well as grooms it;and although she's picky about her treats, she does lovethem. She's my little baby girl.

:)

-Carolyn

That is such a sweet story. I'm glad that Fauna found a new family with you and Tucker.

I have to share this story. My daughter and I were at themall last night. My daughter is 14. You have tounderstand that she is a major animal lover! Well, I havetried to tell her not to go in the pet stores because it will only makeher sad. But she still loves to go visit the animals in thestore. She made me go in with her last night because there isone bunny left at the store. It's gray with a hint of brownfur. We played withit a bit. She wantedto get it, but she knows I'm doing good to have the one. Wealready need a bigger cage for Baby but really don't have theroom. (we will ofcourse find the room). But shedecided last night after looking at some baby kittens, who couldn'tpossibly be really old enough to be away from the mother that she wantsto put those places out of business. She's funny with all thedifferent ways she thinks of to try to help the animals.:p

lol i know when i came home from my trip wediscovered lyla has be having fun behind the computer needless to sayits getting harder and harder for me to defend her ahhhhhhhhhhhh i dontknow what to do. i think carolyn posted something about a spray imgonna check that out!

Loz,

MyBunnyBoys was so wonderful! Sheposted her picture for me in "Fauna".

Thanks again, Laura!!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back